+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default GP Obstetrician Private Hospital Perth

Hi! I am wanting to deliver at a private hospital, but I have heard GP OB charge less? I have looked at Hills Ob's and they sound good. However they are pretty far from me (I am SOR). Just wondering if anyone knows of any other GP Obstetrician that deliver at a private hospital?
    Thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know that at Armadale hospital you can deliver with a GP OB and then be admitted as a private patient in the private (Galliers) wing. The birth is still in the public ward, but it is pretty much brand new and looks better than most private birthing suites. Sorry, not sure in the GP's but you can give the hospital a call.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi,

My daughter is now 4 months old. I had similar questions to you. I went to the mercy which was ok (birth not so great but aftercare was good). I went to a GP in sub who gave me the list of perth obs (and where they practice) did some google searching and picked mine that way. Was pleased with the result. Yes it is costly! Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    bump

ive got the same question. anyone used a gp obs at murdoch?

otherwise galliers and who's good/bad lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    My friend is going through a Dr that delivers at Mercy Mt Lawley but is not an Ob so doesn't have a management fee. If you are interested PM me and I will find out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    At Rockingham hospital you can be admitted as either a public or private patient with a GP Ob. My GP Ob was Dr Bouverie at Parmelia Medical Centre. He was also present at my daughter's birth. I was admitted as a public patient though. I guess it depends on where you are as to where you can birth...