+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Bloating after EPU? Very concerned.

Had EPU on Wed, 12 eggs retrieved. This EPU was more painful than previous cycles. FS hit a small vessel at the end which made me bleed. Bleeding stopped today. Since EPU have had sharp pains like blades cutting in my stomach. Felt most pain straight after EPU and today sitting on a chair (have been on the couch resting since Wed). This afternoon started to get very bloated, stomach feels heavy and painful. Not so bad when I lie down. Acupuncturist said constipation can be a problem after EPU, feeling quite gassy..is it this?

Previously had 17 eggs retrieved and didn't feel like this. I'm drinking water (more now), how much am I meant to drink and will it get rid of it?Stressed that this will affect any chance of a BFP this cycle.ET is on monday. Is this normal?
    Last edited by Rachael3; 29-06-2012 at 19:32.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Rachael,
    Sorry to hear you have been so unwell after a bad EPU. I have never had any vessels injured but I have had 4 EPU and each one gets worse than the one before for bloating and general soreness. I seriously look 4 months preggers when bloated! You should speak to your nurse. It can sometimes be a concern. Each of my times I have spoken to my nurse and she has told me to keep drinking water and eat clean foods to ensure there is no constipation. I had 1 ET cancelled on the day after the FS saw me and told me he wouldn't do the transfer while my body was in such a state. We did a FET the following month and got a BFP. Alas, it wasn't to last but it was still our closet yet to the end goal. Don't stress, but definitely chat to your nurse.
    You are feeling well enough to transfer
    Ivy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Ivy33, feels like the bloating got worse within a few hours this afternoon. Not feeling nausea but do feel and look pregnant. Feels like air is pushing my tummy out and can't stand up straight. I have taken a fiber drink to help with constipation and have drunk lots of water and Gatorade. Hopefully things improve tomorrow. The nurse is calling for the dreaded embryo update so I'll ask her then. Thanks for shedding some light on this, much appreciated.

Thanks
    Reviews
    All sounds 'normal' ( as much as we can feel normal after EPU!). I am sure all will be fine. Let me know what the nurse tells you.

b4us is offline aspiring to be better then yesterday
    Thanks
    Reviews
    i had this 2 days after my epu i couldnt walk or sit i could only lay down flat with a hot water bottle dh suggested when i get up all my organs are putting pressure on a sensitive area which kinda made sence and my bloating didnt help either felt like it was goin to tear me open ...i just rested and stayed of my feet and was feeling 100% by day 5 if you are concerned just give your fs or fn a call

Thanks
    Reviews
    So sorry to hear you've been in such pain. Epu is stressful enough. I had 17 eggs retrieved yesterday (last year I had 18) & am sore & bloated however panadeine is helping. After few days i was ok last time. Because I had over 20 follicles I was told to watch out for signs I had I ovarian hyperstimulation. Symptoms are severe pain, bloating, decrease in urination, shortness of breath. I have to weigh myself to ensure I am not retaining any water.

I was told to drink 2 liters water a day, no coffee or sex (like I feel like having sex when bloated!) light activities like walking rather than complete bed rest & elevate my legs. Chinese doctor also said less wheat & sugar.

I have my fingers crossed for you. I know if I get worse they will cancel my transfer as the hyper stimulation sorts itself out once you get your period . I've had two transfers cancelled in the past & it's awful but you will feel better physically.

Thinking of you , goodluck
    Last edited by Deej; 30-06-2012 at 06:31.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies you have helped so much. Don't know if it's a coincidence but after I left the house yesterday is when all this started.

Today I have two things on BBQ for a farewell (which I don't plan to stay long) and a birthday dinner. I'm so scared this is going to make it worse.

Right now I feel scared, angry, upset and disappointed in myself...and I'm still yet to receive the 2nd update on emb progress. Today isn't a good day and can't see how my stomach is going to feel better by Monday.

Deej - I try to avoid taking Panadol/panadeine because I think it just hides the pain but do you think it can help reduce the bloating?
    Last edited by Rachael3; 30-06-2012 at 07:57.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies this means a lot. Don't know if it's a coincedence but after I left the house yesterday is when all this started.

Today I have a BBQ for a farewell (don't plan to stay long) and a b'day dinner..feel like this is going to make it worse.

Right now I feel scared, angry, upset and disappointed in myself...and I still am yet to receive the 2nd update from my emb results today. Don't know how my stomach is going to go down by Monday

Thanks
    Reviews
    Stupid iPhones sorry...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by btmac View Post
    Sustagen is good, I was drinking it 3 times day post my fourth EPU (26 eggs - different protocol to avoid severe OHSS) and the OHSS didn't go past mild :smile:

Also OHSS can actually improve your chances of getting a sticky - as long as you make it to transfer. Best of luck - let us know how you go on Monday
    Your last comment put a smile on my face Went to buy sustagen but they had all passed their expiry... Will get DH to visit another chemist.

Nurse said to rest so have to cancel going to the BBQ today but will go to dinner tonight. She didn't think it was anything to worry about but if things got worse to let them know.
    Last edited by Rachael3; 30-06-2012 at 11:26.