+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    My husband spoke about the force needed to get bub out, but I was completely oblivious to it all. So warn hubby that it might be full on to watch, but I think it's worse for them than us (in that respect, anyway!!!)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Polly6034 For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (30-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Polly6034 View Post
    My husband spoke about the force needed to get bub out, but I was completely oblivious to it all. So warn hubby that it might be full on to watch, but I think it's worse for them than us (in that respect, anyway!!!)
    Yes, my dr was shaking, he was pulling that hard. No wonder i got 4th deg tears.

At one point the cap was pulled of bubs head (dr said "whoops") and it had to be put on a second time.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to IndigoJ For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (30-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Try the exercises and call an acupuncturist or chiro.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Ngaiz For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (30-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi bmjandbaby
    Please try not to worry about bub being in this position. I think you mentioned in another post that you have an ant placenta and you know this may be why she is laying this way. It is very likely that during your labour when she fully engages and moves down and past your placenta that she with change her position (especially if you remain active as I think you plan to).
    Even if bub doesnt change her position or if you need the help of the vacuum for any reason this is VERY unlikely to cause bubs head to be mis-shaped for a long period. The vac will likely cause a bruise-like bump that is caused by soft tissue swelling from the suction. The 'cone-head' shape is caused the intense pressure and squeeze that happens as bub goes through the birthing process and the soft bones of the skull are molded to fit. The reason you often see this with babies that have had the vacc used on them is because if you needed the vacc it often means it was a very tight fit. For the vast majority this shape resolves in a few days or weeks.... not months.
    Sorry for the long ramble but I get the feeling you are really worried and you really dont need to be. I hope all these replies have put your mind at rest.... about this topic at least! X

8. The Following User Says Thank You to RedCreamingSoda For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (30-06-2012)

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialPatrolGroup View Post
    OP, I just want to say that lots of hubbers have had posterior bubs, some without too much trouble at all, so even though it is not the optimal position, it is do-able. It is great that you are going in armed with all of the information but do try not to scare yourself with too many peoples horror stories. Now get down on all fours to encourage that baby into position.
    Thanks
    I'm trying not to worry and know that everything will be fine and that I am in good hands no matter what, but for some reason it has really got me down. I think it's because everything was just going so smoothly and even though it's only a minor bump in the road, it's a bump that I didn't expect and it's just thrown me a little. I really do appreciate the support and will come back and share the story of my labour once she's born and I bet it'll be a positive one

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by feisty View Post
    Hi bmjandbaby
    Please try not to worry about bub being in this position. I think you mentioned in another post that you have an ant placenta and you know this may be why she is laying this way. It is very likely that during your labour when she fully engages and moves down and past your placenta that she with change her position (especially if you remain active as I think you plan to).
    Even if bub doesnt change her position or if you need the help of the vacuum for any reason this is VERY unlikely to cause bubs head to be mis-shaped for a long period. The vac will likely cause a bruise-like bump that is caused by soft tissue swelling from the suction. The 'cone-head' shape is caused the intense pressure and squeeze that happens as bub goes through the birthing process and the soft bones of the skull are molded to fit. The reason you often see this with babies that have had the vacc used on them is because if you needed the vacc it often means it was a very tight fit. For the vast majority this shape resolves in a few days or weeks.... not months.
    Sorry for the long ramble but I get the feeling you are really worried and you really dont need to be. I hope all these replies have put your mind at rest.... about this topic at least! X
    Thank you, feisty! What a thoughful post All of you ladies are amazing and I very much appreciate this advice.
    Last edited by ~Marigold~; 01-07-2012 at 20:00.