+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IndigoJ View Post
    They used the vacuum to rip DS1 out of me. His head was wonky looking after birth. He had a double head. It went around then in then out and around (does that makes sense?) It was bruised, red and sore looking. It took a few days to go back to normal shape, but was bruised and sore looking for about a month after birth.
    Sounds just like my DD.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a vacuum birth with my son as the cord was wrapped around him and his heart rate was not recovering in between contractions. His head was a little misshapen for a day or so and the bruise went away after a few weeks.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to LollyDolly For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (30-06-2012)

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    No cone shape for my DD, she did have a little ring of scab on her head which only took a week to clear up. Hope your bub decides to co-operate.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to SpecialPatrolGroup For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (30-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ds had the red ring that had gone in a week. cone shape took longer, about 3 months. At 7 months now i still feel like his head is longer than normal.

Sent from my U20i using BubHub

7. The Following User Says Thank You to lovesushi For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (30-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had a vacuum delivery and bubs head was back to normal within an hour.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to LoveyDovey For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (30-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a vacuum extraction with ds as he was posterior and I didn't find out till I was in labour either. Head seemed fine early on (didn't notice odd shaping at all actually) but I did get an episiotomy for them to be able to do the vacuum as he want coming out easily.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

11. The Following User Says Thank You to veggiemama For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (30-06-2012)

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    OP, I just want to say that lots of hubbers have had posterior bubs, some without too much trouble at all, so even though it is not the optimal position, it is do-able. It is great that you are going in armed with all of the information but do try not to scare yourself with too many peoples horror stories. Now get down on all fours to encourage that baby into position.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My bub turned posterior half way through labour, and was delivered with assistance from a vacuum. He had a misshapen head for a few days, but like a PP said, this is pretty normal for babes who had vaginal births without vacuum. He had a bruise on head from the suction which was completely gone within a week.

Because of his position in my uterus + vacuum delivery, bub had some straining through his neck and skull (we knew this because he'd only look to the right side). We took him to an osteopath at 6 days old who did some really gentle treatment which fixed it in two treatments. So this is perhaps something to look out for.

Good luck for a wonderful birth experience. Despite bub being posterior, I still had the natural drug-free birth I wanted with only first degree tear. So don't let this make you fear birth and labour. All the best

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DD was delivered via vacuum suction, as she was a bit stuck I had to have an episiotomy as well. My DH said he was going to punch the doctor in the face because of how hard he was pulling on DD to get her out. DD ended up with a bit of a cone shape on her head which lasted about 4 weeks and the bruise she had lasted about 5 days

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS was posterior and i needed forceps and an epesiotomy to get him out. He only had 2 little marks on the side of his head from the forceps, other than that you wouldnt know. DH was also freaking out about how hard they were pulling to get DS out!