+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Ulysses is offline In the eyes of a child you will see...the world as it should be.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    i had two electives, both great - except for the fact i had a cold during the second one.

both times they automatically put my babies on my chest. I didnt have a birth plan for either birth.

good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a dream emergency c-section. I didn't get skin to skin as I didn't even have time to think and ask but he was wrapped up super quick and over with me and FOB. As he was a preemie he went to NICU and FOB was with him the whole time while I was in recovery.

If I have a c-section next time I'll ask for skin to skin (maybe even an assisted one) and for bubs to be in recovery with me.

Pain wise, I had no problems, just kept my meds up. Was walking the next morning and I had him at 6pm previous night.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for that YouTube clip!! I loved it! I'm sending it to my Ob!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hehe I'm sending it to mine too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I've had 2 c-sections.

My second was by far the better experience as it was elective (first was emergency). They lowered the curtain so I could see DS2 being born, he was given to me (wrapped) while they stitched me up, and I had skin on skin and was able to breast feed while in recovery.

Bonkers is offline wishes she was a glow worm. A glow worm's never glum, 'cos how can you be grumpy when the sun shines out of your bum?
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Iv had 2 and both were good experiences. I don't have a complaint at all. If I could choose something to change ild only wish that I could see my babies in the recovery room, but it's ok

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone- quick question about the 24 hours after a c section....
    If you don't normally get out of bed till the next day (after surgery), how much do u bleed?? I can only imagine getting up for the first time and having so much blood rush out...?? Tmi I know, but I need to prepare myself. I'm having a c section. Also, do u wear big pads during the surgery to catch all this when u do get up?

Hope someone can shed a light on this for me!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, to be honest, I can't really remember!! had a beautiful little bubba to focus on in those 24 hrs. I didn't get up till the next day, I had my c-sec in the arvo, and legs were still jelly that nite, so only tried getting up the next morning. It definitely wasn't a "gush" when I stood up coz I'd definitely remember that! Was more like a heavy period for me.

I didnt have any underwear on during my c-sec, was buck naked under the gown. The nurses put a pad on for me post-c-sec and changed it as necessary.

I'm not sure if this would differ from hospital to hospital? Mine was a scheduled c-sec at a private hospital

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had an elective in May and bub was wrapped in a blanket and I was in a gown when they put her on my chest. I'd definitely talk to the OB, and re-state it when you go in (they may forget things with so much going on) if you want skin to skin contact. It was a great experience for me, I'd do it again definitely for no. 2.

As for the bleeding it was pretty heavy for me. The first day I was in bed attached to catheters etc and the nurses came in quite frequently to check BP so changed my pad at the same time. Just have some maternity pads handy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I found it best just to go with hospital procedure with c section, remember you have just had major surgery they have to make sure you are ok too. Both my csections were emegency and I had to stay in recovery for a while, but I got to hold bub while they stitched me, then hubby took bubs to weigh etc. I then had skin to skin for next 24hrs in my room, it was lovely. I guess what im saying is dont focus too much on immediate skin to skin, operating theatres are freezing and it is best to let the drs fix you up then you get all the lovely time with bub soon after.

Sent from my LG-P500 using BubHub