+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Ulysses is offline In the eyes of a child you will see...the world as it should be.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Please help me with some meal ideas for my two year old

I am trying to find some ideas for toddlers (2 yr old) for lunches, snacks and maybe even dinners.

Can anyone tell me what types of foods they offer their toddlers

Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    20 month old DS eats everything we do but for those times when we are stuck at home for lunch or when mum has him during the day I make easy meals that I freeze and can defrost for his lunch/dinner

- salmon or crab cakes
    - chicken and veggie nuggets
    - Spinach and cheese pasta bake
    - chicken noodle soup
    - mini meatballs
    - mini falafels
    - homemade pizza ( make the dough and freeze)

Or when I'm really stuck I always have eggs and herbs and tomatoes so make him an omelette , today we are at home so we are having a toasted mountain bread wrap with avocado , cheese and spinach
    Snacks are always fruit, veggie sticks and dip, yogurt, smoothies, rice cakes with nut butter, or I have organic muesli bars

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

Ulysses  (29-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Subscribing!

DD has spaghetti bolognese and scrambled eggs (not together) for dinner at least 2 - sometimes 3 times a week each!!

She will also eat quiche, homemade chicken nuggets, fishfingers, and veggies (which, bizarrely, she likes frozen).

I get so stuck for meal ideas for her. She's eaten pasta once, but not subsequently. So disheartening when you make a big batch of something and she won't touch it!

Lunches tend to be sandwiches for her, and fruit.

Snacks - prunes (she loves them), grapes, watermelon, cheese, yoghurts, and sometimes one of those Heinz sachets of pureed pear (although they're aimed at younger kids they keep her 'regular' if she has one a day, and I haven't found anything else that works as well).

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Guest654 For This Useful Post:

Ulysses  (29-06-2012)

Ulysses is offline In the eyes of a child you will see...the world as it should be.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    these are greaaaaat ladies….keep em coming.

I am taking notes, as we are home for lunch most days its great to look at these options to spice things up a bit here - lunch times at the moment are a bit boring.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My kids are 3 and 1 and ridiculously picky. They seem to like opposite foods, so I feed them a muffin pan meal for lunch. Each compartment contains something different, depending on what's in the fridge: cubed cheese and meat, fruit, chick peas, raisins, nuts, biscuits or cubed whole wheat bread, cheerios, broccoli, peppers, baby carrots, hummus, etc., etc., etc.

Sent from my Desire HD using BubHub

8. The Following User Says Thank You to miniriz For This Useful Post:

Ulysses  (29-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Whatever I am having , today we were out so my 1yo shared my Kway Teow noodles...
    At home it is usually sandwiches such as cheese and tomato, baked bean, avo, baby spinach and cheese toastie, or quesadilla type toasted wrap
    Leftovers
    A "tasting plate" with whatever is in the fridege - olives, cheese, pasta, vegs, fruit etc.
    Soup and bread
    Pita Bread pizza

I dont prepare any "special" meals anymore..my 8,6 and 1yo have what we are having or variations of that (ie if we are having something spicy I will remove some before I add the chilli, for the baby)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subscribing.... I'm stuck for ideas too my DD is so fussy!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by miniriz View Post
    My kids are 3 and 1 and ridiculously picky. They seem to like opposite foods, so I feed them a muffin pan meal for lunch. Each compartment contains something different, depending on what's in the fridge: cubed cheese and meat, fruit, chick peas, raisins, nuts, biscuits or cubed whole wheat bread, cheerios, broccoli, peppers, baby carrots, hummus, etc., etc., etc.

Sent from my Desire HD using BubHub
    What is a muffin pan meal?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm presuming it a selection of foods put into each "hole" of the muffin pan..I do the same, but just use a plate

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    When DD was that small I would feed her...

Mini rice cakes with cottage cheese and half a cherry tomato or mashed avocado and a bit of shaved ham
    Pitted olives
    Skewers with fruit and then a marshmallow at the end
    Boiled eggs
    Hummous dip with carrot and celery sticks
    Baby cucumbers
    Melon wrapped in proscuitto (or ham, if it's a "too poor for proscuitto" week).
    Avocado choc mousse - mash 1/2 an avo, add some cocoa powder and some powdered sugar (icing sugar) and mix... it tastes awesome.
    ABC mini muffins (Apple, banana and chocolate)
    Pumpkin and cheese mini scones
    Mini crustless quiches
    Sushi rolls
    Frozen banana (slice banana and freeze on sticks... tastes really good. Strawberries and oranges work well like this too).
    Dried fruits and nuts mixed together
    Cheerio necklaces/bracelets if we went out and I wanted to keep her occupied.
    Greek Yoghurt with chunks of fruit or fruit puree added

For dinner I just gave her whatever we were eating.