+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default braxton hicks at 14 weeks!?

How weird is that!?
    This is my 2nd pregnancy and i know exactly what im feeling. I read that it's quite normal to feel them early esp with 2nd pregnancy but it could also be due to minor dehydration. I was very thirsty last night.
    How do u keep your fluids up? im sooooo over water and cordial and hate fizzy drinks. Sugary drinks make me pee more.

did you feel braxton hicks early?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, I experienced BH from as early as 11 weeks, 5x a day every day and quite strong. By the time I was 20 weeks it was 10x a day, and when DD was born at 39 weeks it was 30x STRONG ones per day. I did some googling after my midwife at a checkup mentioned that I had an 'irritable uterus', and I'm certain this was describing me! I didn't find drinking more fluid helped at all, but I know that it can for others. My triggers were **TMI alert** having a full bladder or bowel, DTD/orgasm, exercise, being tired, and they were worse in the evening (presumably because I was worn out like all pregnant women with a toddler by 5pm!).

Mine would come in bouts, so for a few hours I would get them every 5-10 minutes, and strong enough to take my breath away or have to stop talking mid-conversation.

My midwife and OB initially said that if I got them more than 10x a day to get checked out, but when they realised that was happening every day they said that only I would be able to know if they were a problem.

HTH

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    17 weeks till the day he was born.. Every. Single. Day

***Sent from my phone***

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have had this with every single pregnancy and now is my 3rd. 1st started at about 20 weeks, 2nd started at 14 weeks and this one started at 10 weeks. They start slow and as you get bigger get worse. As said earlier they have different triggers, I just dont realy need one. They can be very painful and even feel like labour. SOme ladies carry full term and have no other problems, in my case they seem to sometimes realy get their act together and turn into prem labour. This is my 3rd time and I still dont know when it is the real thing until doc tells me.

Things I do to keep them from turning into labour and to figure out if I am actualy in labour. Keep fluids up, especialy water. Your urine needs to be mostly clear. When I get them more closely together and very painful, I take 2 panadine extra (run this by your doc first) and get in bed for a rest with a heated wheat bag on my lower back. If after an hour they are stll there or does not slow down I go to hospital. If they get more intense after 30 minutes in bed and panadine, I dont play around either.

I was never oficialy diagnosed with IU until now, I thought it was normal until I figured that not all the other ladies around me were not having them. I rencently asked a question on here to find out how I will know if I am actualy in labour, there is no real answer..teehee

You may also just have a Urinary tract infection, known to cause contractions. Go have them checked out, atleast you will know what to do then

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Yep another early started here. My first was getting Braxton hicks really bad from about 16 weeks. My second started about 14 weeks and third was about the same. I also have an irritable uterus.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week
    I had them with both dd1 and dd2. I had them from around 8 weeks. very early I know. I kept mentioning to the Dr how I was getting tightenings all the time and if it could be BH but they always said its too early. It felt like I was having tiny contractions. non painful but uncomfortable. It wasnt until after around 24 week mark that they said I could be having BH. It had been the same feeling ALL along.

goodluck with them

Thanks
    Reviews
    I felt them from 20 weeks with my first pregnancy, they were always mild and never really bothered me. I just got a fright when i felt them happening at 14 weeks with this bub! So headed straight to google lol
    Yes, i agree sex and full bowel/bladder are also triggers for me!
    I find im getting them first thing early morning (full bladder) and late at night (tired?)

As long as its all normal and other's are experiencing the same then i wont bother worrying myself silly about it.

Thanks for your replies ladies goodluck with your pregnancies!