+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default OMG I can't believe I'm even thinking this

so, 9 weeks ago I had my 2nd baby. A boy to stir things up with his older sister. I knew right after I had him that I was done. I was happy.
    But then tonight I watched 'one born every minute' and guess what? ..,, I balled my eyes out and had a strong urge to have a third little person in our family. Holy heck...what's going on?
    Has anyone else felt this urge. Especially when you knew you were done having babies?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Lol completely normal!

I suggest waiting a bit though

Thanks
    Reviews
    When my babies were little I would always look at them and think I never want this to end. I want more!

You may feel a bit different in a few months.

That being said I thought we were done at 3 and however when no 4 surprised us we couldn't have been more happy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    that show scares me off... I was lucky enought to have beautiful labours! I'd love a third but not after watching that LOL

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I decided during my 2nd pregnancy that I was done. Then I had a lovely little girl who was an angel as a newborn (I didn't know such 'good' babies existed) and pretty quickly after her birth I said to my dh that maybe I wanted more kids. Honestly I think there's a good reason that fertility is reduced in the first 3 months after having kids . Once I got past the first 3 months I realised that I was DEFINITELY done.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I think maybe its hormones. My dds are 2 and 7 weeks. After dd1 I had this incredible, unstoppable urge to have more children straight away, didn't conceive until dd was 13 months. And again, straight after dd2's birth I want more. Dh is taking a stand, insisting on no more, but I can't fight the urge.

Even when both dds are crying and I'm having a bad day, I still want another. I suspect that hormones are the cause, like maybe so that the childbirth pain and possible trauma that could prevent you from having more kids is overridden by this urge to have more kids.

I have no proof of this, its just my theory.

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    In the first 12. Months after ds#2 was born, i felt the same.

Then it got hard and the feelings went away lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    yep while pregnant with #3 I was like this is our last. Now (DD is only 3 weeks old) I don't feel complete. I wanted four at the beginnig of my pregnancy. I am just going to wait and see, I will be waiting 2-3 years to have another anyway.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mordygordy View Post
    yep while pregnant with #3 I was like this is our last. Now (DD is only 3 weeks old) I don't feel complete. I wanted four at the beginnig of my pregnancy. I am just going to wait and see, I will be waiting 2-3 years to have another anyway.
    I was the same - now my DD is 6 weeks old. DH and I were adamant that she was our 3rd and final but now we aren't sure. If we do have another it won't be until DD is at least 4.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Those damn hormones! I have struggled to hold back from getting pregnant so soon. My brain wants another in 5 or so years but my hormones want one now! My DS is now 8 months and the whole 8 months has been a fight of brain vs hormones.