+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    MrJones&Me is offline sometimes as useless as the 'ueue' in queue
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I would also be angry at the centre for not letting any parents come forward with concerns? How do they not know other parents have seen signs? That they could have more witnesses/information/evidence?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh my gosh, that is awful! I'm so sorry your going through this. It does sound like it was dealt with very poorly by everyone involved, the centre and the police. I would be furious with finding this out from the news paper. I hope you get the justice you deserve for you and your children!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Publicly naming a sex offender who's indentity has been supressed by the court is a criminal offence. I think this law is ridiculous on one hand but do understand that it is not for the protection of the offender, but of the victim. Derryn Hinch recently only just avoided gaol for doing it.

I would speak to the police, but be aware that for anything to go forward, they would require your son to be able to give a video statement which could be a little traumatising in its self and the veracity of a statement of a
    3 year old would be hotly contested in court, which is likely why any possible further charges weren't investigated other than what he was caught doing.

I'm sorry you are going through this OP, it's a parent's worst nightmare

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    Definitely.
    Exposing this man online etc may actually damage the case against him and have the opposite effect you are after. I strongly suggest you do not do this. Speak to the police, offer to make a victim impact statement or something similar. They may also be able to refer you to some counseling.

I also think you need to consider telling your husband that there is a possibility of your boys having been assaulted. Mainly because putting this in a statement to the police may help in an appeal against this monster.

I am so so sorry this has happened to you- my heart truly goes out to your family. I think the rage you are feeling is entirely normal and to be expected, but may be too big for you to shoulder alone. If you can't tell hubby, please get some professional help to help you cope.
    This. I also think you need to tell your DH.

I'm surprised the Police didn't talk to all the parents at the centre to build their case and find any other children affected.

Is there any way to send a note to all the parents advising them incase they don't know and asking them to contact police if they have stories similar to yours? Just thinking if more people come out, they may be able to put him away somehow.

I would also be very angry with the centre. They should have made parents aware of what happened so that they could look after their children's welfare. I don't care if by the law they have done the right thing in not saying more, morally and ethically I don't think they have. Hey could have sent info home about sexual abuse or something like that. Rather than just hoping it was all fine.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh I am so sorry to read what you are going through

I don't have any advice but I think Atropos has given some really sound advice about not doing anything rash and exposing him online. You definitely don't want to go doing anything that could have the opposite effect that you're after. I would tell your husband as well but stress to him not to do anything impulsive or it could make it worse.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I really don't understand the law system. So if a child was abused and s/he is too young togive a statement (many times) the paedo will not get punished? Those scums are not likely to ever change, if they have a chance they will do it again, more children will get hurt. Is it really nothing that we can do?

Sent from my U20i using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am so so sorry you are going through this but I agree with the others and would go to the police ASAP! I would also tell hubby, despite what his reaction may be, he has a right to know.
    So sorry you are going thru this! So awful, he deserves to be severely punished!!!
    GBH!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    OP, I will inbox you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    Definitely.
    Exposing this man online etc may actually damage the case against him and have the opposite effect you are after. I strongly suggest you do not do this. Speak to the police, offer to make a victim impact statement or something similar. They may also be able to refer you to some counseling.

I also think you need to consider telling your husband that there is a possibility of your boys having been assaulted. Mainly because putting this in a statement to the police may help in an appeal against this monster.

I am so so sorry this has happened to you- my heart truly goes out to your family. I think the rage you are feeling is entirely normal and to be expected, but may be too big for you to shoulder alone. If you can't tell hubby, please get some professional help to help you cope.
    I agree. I really think you need to tell your DH. He has a right to know too

Thanks
    Reviews
    I went to the Child Care today. My children no longer attend there (we left for a different reason). The lady in my 2 year olds room vaguely remembers the call but when I asked if there was a record she said "we don't makes records of every call we make". Then I asked if there was a way to find out if Mr T was there that day and she said - "I can't give you any information." It's so frustrating and I don't really like this lady much and just didn't feel like sharing anything with her. The Centre Director left at the same time as when Mr T was fired. I don't know why - but they haven't had a Director since. They have an acting Director who was a Group Leader in one of the rooms, and again, she is of little use to me. The place is just a shamozzle - one of the reasons we left the Centre. Anyway, I went to the police and asked for a friend of ours and sat down and talked to him about everything. He was really concerned and sympathetic and has asked me to come in and make a statement if I'd like to - although he doesn't know if it will help much now but might help with the appeal. I couldn't do it today - I said I needed to really think it all through more. My children were in the Centre last year - he was fired in November '11 so the chances of my children remembering something that may have happened 6 months ago when they were only just 2 and just 3 years old is nil and it's not something that I can even try to bring up with them - they just wouldn't understand. The police officer said that I shouldn't publicise his name but that I could use word of mouth and spread his name through friends etc. if I wanted to. He didn't think that there would be any way that I could be stopped from doing that or any harm could come to me legally.

I know that his name isn't published to protect his victims - but I find it hard to accept that he should just be left to re-offend. So other innocent babies are exposed to him anytime in the future. How can that be acceptable? So he's all happy and jolly because he got off and can go on with things, and others, like me and other parents are freaking out about what this dirty pervert has done to our kids? Keep in mind that he didn't just touch children - he used his fingers to penetrate them! What kind of sicko can do that?? And then get away with it?

I started to tell my hubby some stuff - but he shuts me down - he just can't handle it. He says not to tell him because he doesn't trust himself not to do something really, really bad to the guy. So I haven't. The last thing I want is for my hubby or myself to get in trouble. But it's so not fair. There was a letter to the editor in the paper today suggesting vigilantes take this guy out - so it's really affected the community in general. But then I worry about his anonimity if he leaves this area and goes to somewhere where none of this is known. It gives him the perfect opportunity to re- offend.

I was really upset about this earlier this evening and just spent some time looking at my three beautiful sleeping boys and apologising to them for putting them in a place where they should have been protected and loved. I promise them to never trust another man with them again.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to jaesmummy For This Useful Post:

lovesushi  (30-06-2012)