+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I know it's like they go in and just get straight into bed. The poor woman in the last one (the dark couple) had been in labour 24 hrs then couldn't progress from 6cm so she had to have a c section. The midwife said its ok you did all you could and I thought but what did she do? What could she do in a bed? A long walk and some squats and rocking on a birth ball, could this not all have helped? It seems that they just don't know how to help they sort of expect the baby to do it all while they lay there. Poor women aren't told any different

Thanks
    Reviews
    I loved the UK version. I loved watching all the different ways women laboured and how the midwives behaved.

I'm NOT a fan of the US version. I'm actually horrified by the whole thing!

When I give birth, I want the UK treatment please... Bouncy balls, heat pack, ice pack, walking around, gas when needed and epidural if pain is too bad - CEASAR only if it absolutely necessary.

I'm so glad I don't live in the states!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok I have not watched this show yet and it sounds a bit scary! - but I just wanted to come in and mention that epidurals dont ALWAYS slow down labour. They can do but not always. Just saying this so first time mums know that an epidural isnt going to always going to end in a c section. Also, you can have a walking epidural in some hospitals. It depends on whether your anesthatist will do it or not but certainly worth enquiring if you did want to go that way

Thanks
    Reviews
    Was a huge fan of the UK version, absolutely hate the US version...... Need i say more......

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I hate the way they edit the show as well, to make the husbands look like complete idiots.
    i noticed the "epidural happy" vibe as well. It seems that as soon as they are checked in they are offered an epi! Strange. How do they know how far their pain threshold may take them if they aren't encouraged to at least try? (And not against epidurals here at all, I had one with DS but that was after 11 hours of damn hard work and labour, after going for walks outside the hospital, hours in the shower etc.. )
    Lol.. that last episode on Thursday was funny, though- that grandma with no teeth, hahaha..

And who saw the dad drop his mobile phone onto his baby!? omg... lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by soccer mum View Post
    Ok I have not watched this show yet and it sounds a bit scary! - but I just wanted to come in and mention that epidurals dont ALWAYS slow down labour. They can do but not always. Just saying this so first time mums know that an epidural isnt going to always going to end in a c section. Also, you can have a walking epidural in some hospitals. It depends on whether your anesthatist will do it or not but certainly worth enquiring if you did want to go that way
    My labor with DS got really intense that I was having trouble getting through contractions, I had been in the shower on a gym ball and pacing the room leaning on DH and wiggling my hips every time a contracting came, BUT, my contractions slowed and were really painful, the shower and walking just didn't cut it any more, I had an epidural and the contractions started to speed up, I was able to feel when DS head was in my bum and ready to push :-) and then the midwife even asked me if I wanted to push then or wait an hour, lol I chose to wait and I only got a graze, she was a FANTASTIC midwife! She offered the shower and all the other suggestions! Thank GOD I am not in te states!!2

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BMJandBaby View Post
    I hate the way they edit the show as well, to make the husbands look like complete idiots.
    i noticed the "epidural happy" vibe as well. It seems that as soon as they are checked in they are offered an epi! Strange. How do they know how far their pain threshold may take them if they aren't encouraged to at least try? (And not against epidurals here at all, I had one with DS but that was after 11 hours of damn hard work and labour, after going for walks outside the hospital, hours in the shower etc.. )
    Lol.. that last episode on Thursday was funny, though- that grandma with no teeth, hahaha..

And who saw the dad drop his mobile phone onto his baby!? omg... lol.
    LMAO that grandma with no teeth was the funniest granny I think I have ever seen! Lol and the dad dropping the phone hahaha lucky mummy didn't see...

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hahaha.. she was like "what did you just do?" lol.. Poor bubby, at least he missed her head!