+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    This show is REALLY annoying me. Most of the women just go in and have an epidural straight away. Then they lay on their backs with their butts in the air for hours on end, and wonder why the baby isn't moving down and getting stuck. Then having to face so much medical intervention. God, if they just got up and moved their hips a little! Argh

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Blueberry Crumble For This Useful Post:

MothersMilk  (30-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I only have watched one episode so far - I was wondering if it was just that one or it's standard over there to have an epidural, labour on your back and no skin-to-skin contact. I guess from this thread it's normal there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My advise... Stop watching that rubbish!

***Sent from my phone***

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Happy2be3 For This Useful Post:

headoverfeet  (01-07-2012),MothersMilk  (30-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I've also noticed hardly any one breast feeds either . All seem to have bottles .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    omg. I was in love with the UK version but am half way through one episode of the US one and am in tears. I have yet to experience my first birth in 11 weeks but this is just awful!! The poor mum getting told you might need c section, try after try of the vacuum popping off and bubs is stuck with heart rate dropping coz shes on the bed on her back oh dear I would have to seriously reconsider having anymore if this happened to me. I'm glad we aren't as bad as the US.

The baby even has its cord cut before mum sees or touches it?

I agree to women choosing if they want drugs etc but some common sense prevails doesn't it? Like I said I haven't been through this yet but have been doing as much research as I can and it just seems so wrong

Thanks
    Reviews
    The one that really got me was last weeks when a mum had a suspected shoulder distocia( if that's how you spell it) and they stillage her push!! Bin got stuck like they thought she would and it was horrific!! Why the frak wouldn't they take her straight for an emergency ceaser?!? Bubs head wasn't out! They forced it out!!! I was horrified!!! They highly thought that was what it was and still forced it. One of the scariest things I have ever seen!!
    Hahha on a funnier not how funny was the dark grandma waiting for her daughter to have the baby!!! Lol no teeth and all she was hilarious "what in here we can take??"

Thanks
    Reviews
    Argh..

Thats the one (and only!) I just watched lol she made me laugh at least. The woman in labour says it feels like the contactions in my as* and that dark grandma replied well that baby sure aint coming outta there lol.

Now I gotta go to youtube and watch a natural labour with the woman *off the bed* to reinstate my faith and make me feel better before I go to sleep lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    My hypnobirthing instructor told us to stop watching the show. It deliberately plays up the drama and hype. Also has anyone else noticed (for the uk version anyway, I haven't watched the us one) that they seem to subtly make fun of the people they are taping by filming them in a particular way or at a particular time? Not cool.

I did always love the part when the actual baby was born though....

Thanks
    Reviews
    That show gave my husband a refresher course of how babies are born the day before our last child was born thank good for that show as he ended up delivering our dd. He even said she was slightly postior when she came out lol great show. Saved my dd funny it was on when I was due phew. Watching it would bring back memories

Sent from my GT-I9210T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Artful View Post
    My hypnobirthing instructor told us to stop watching the show. It deliberately plays up the drama and hype. Also has anyone else noticed (for the uk version anyway, I haven't watched the us one) that they seem to subtly make fun of the people they are taping by filming them in a particular way or at a particular time? Not cool.

I did always love the part when the actual baby was born though....
    Yes I like seeing the brand new bub.
    They ALWAYS portray the husband as non supportive and making fun of the mum in labor.
    But the baby at the end is the beautiful thing.
    The American one I just can't believe that they walk into the hospital and he on the bed. Oh well I will continue to watch it. I hope they go into Aussie hospitals.... Lol