+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Thermolicious View Post
    Re the show, it's ******** esp the US one. Not the best stuff to be watching as you head towards birth yourself IMO! Plenty of positive births on you tube

B:a:r:b:a:r:i:c not sure why that word is * out??
    I think they took it out because of the circ section??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Was this on last night?? I love that show and have been waiting for it to come back on! Or is it on foxtel?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sbs 9:30 Thursday night. It is the US one so it's slightly different to the UK one but entertaining none the less. It has helped me get a clearer perspective on what I DON'T want in my next birth. Lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by katybobady View Post
    Sbs 9:30 Thursday night. It is the US one so it's slightly different to the UK one but entertaining none the less. It has helped me get a clearer perspective on what I DON'T want in my next birth. Lol
    Thanks for that. Can't believe i missed it i was totally obsessed with the show while pregnant with my son now we are ttc again, i think it's very entertaining lol my partner hated it tho he would always walk off when it came on ha ha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BMJandBaby View Post
    I watched it... scary, I was told yesterday that my baby is lying face up like the woman on the show as well

I hope she spins soon, I only have 4 weeks to go and don't want to be pushing or 3 hours...
    My DD was face up too, god only knows how long I pushed!
    With DS I was desprite for him to be forward so I sat in my old couch, my bum kinda sank down into it, and then I bent my knees either side of me, and u lent forward, kinda like a frog? And i leant forward. Very comfortable
    He was in the right space.
    How long have you got to go? I an on my phone so can't see any ticker :-)
    Maybe if you sit like that every time you are home? My waters also broke spontaneously. Goodluck :-) I hope bubba turned for you, if not I hope
    It all go awesomely :-)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to bubbabailey For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (29-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I watched it... scary, I was told yesterday that my baby is lying face up like the woman on the show as well

I hope she spins soon, I only have 4 weeks to go and don't want to be pushing or 3 hours...
    I gave birth to my boy face up and was pushing for 2hrs the midwifes didn't even know he was facing that way they kept saying oh we can see his head and he has no hair but that's because it was his forehead they were looking at i was wondering why it was just so hard to push him out they said they were very suprised i did it, he came out with the darkest purple bruising all over his head and blisters the poor litte guy, your bub spins but if not you will get thru it i did

8. The Following User Says Thank You to happy86 For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (29-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

I hope bub turns for you also but just a bit of positivity - my DD2 was posterior and the pushing was only minutes, the whole labour was around 4 hrs.
    Good luck

10. The Following User Says Thank You to MothersMilk For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (29-06-2012)

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    You ladies are awesome, thanks for the stories about your lil sunny side up babies!

I hate that it worries me, I really don't like to worry or think negatively when it comes to labour and have been so pumped and excited to give birth but since finding this out I just feel crap about it. My main concern is that she will become stuck, oh my greatest fear is they wont get to her in time I think it's because my DS was born "blue" and they had to resus him at birth.. I was always grateful that it had only taken me 4 minutes to push him out and they were able to give him oxygen quickly. i know this is the worst possible case scenario, but I can't help it
    Thanks again for the tips and positive stories; I have been lying in my left hand side and getting down on all fours all the time. If she hasn't moved by the day I go into labour, I will definitely keep myself active throughout the labour

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbabailey View Post
    My DD was face up too, god only knows how long I pushed!
    With DS I was desprite for him to be forward so I sat in my old couch, my bum kinda sank down into it, and then I bent my knees either side of me, and u lent forward, kinda like a frog? And i leant forward. Very comfortable
    He was in the right space.
    How long have you got to go? I an on my phone so can't see any ticker :-)
    Maybe if you sit like that every time you are home? My waters also broke spontaneously. Goodluck :-) I hope bubba turned for you, if not I hope
    It all go awesomely :-)
    Bubbabailey, I have 4 weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I've been so shocked by this US version! I can't believe all the sterility and medicalisation of their birthing process, full surgical trays laid out for normal vaginal deliveries, stirrups for Gods sake. It's soooo wrong!

And I too was baffled by all the women just laying in the bed and not moving, and everybody with IV drips in until I saw one episode where a midwife said the epidural rate is >90%!! I just about fell off the couch! I still can't believe it. And the midwives keep saying really belitting/discouraging things to women who are wanting to try it without epidurals/ or trying vaginal deliveries despite "big" babies. I've really been quite shocked.

One midwife said to a lady (who was attempting drug free) "you wouldn't get a tooth pulled without anaesthetic would you?!" which made me so ****ed off I had to turn the TV off and go to bed!

NB: while I am a passionate natural VB supporter I also fully support a woman's right to epidurals etc, I just couldn't believe how widespread and the pressure from the medical staff that these things were a normal part of labour etc etc.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Piffle For This Useful Post:

saxonrose  (30-06-2012),Tatiana28  (29-06-2012)