+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default All I do is SHOUT!!!!!

So frustrated ATM. DD is now in bed all snuggled up and sweet. But when I reflect on our day all i seem to be doing is shouting! I'm going mental. Is this the craziness of terrible 2s?

DON'T TOUCH THAT! TOO LOUD! I SAID NOT NOW! GENTLE! and so on......

if she wasn't so damn cute grrrrrr

Bonkers is offline wishes she was a glow worm. A glow worm's never glum, 'cos how can you be grumpy when the sun shines out of your bum?
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Lol sounds like me with my 2. I do hope your ok tho xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    sounds like my crazy days with my 2 kids.
    My advice, stop yelling and get out of the house.
    Everything is better when your out. Go to the park that way bub can touch whatever she wants and be as loud as she wants...problem solved

everything is crazier in the house!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to jennibear For This Useful Post:

Izy  (28-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    This is me! We've been stuck inside with rain for a few days, got out a little today to pick up a cupboard but they just get so loud and so rowdy.

It gets to 7.00pm and I find myself watching the clock telling myself "half an hour, just half an hour".

In closing, yes, its the terrible twos. But be mindful that these turns into thrashing threes, furious fours, fantastic-an-attitude-now fives...

I mean, no, it ends after two. Good luck.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bubs'n'Roses For This Useful Post:

jagamoe  (28-06-2012),MissMuppet  (29-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Try to remember they don't dissobey, not listen, make mess, be noisy etc to annoy you. Each day is a blessing and soon they'll be grown up. Take a breath and try to be calm :-)

***Sent from my phone***

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Happy2be3 For This Useful Post:

jagamoe  (28-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Terrible 2's....We must have the terrible 7's then!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Try & spend some time tomorrow (eg. 1/2 hour) and deliberately don't raise your voice. Try using a firm, but quiet voice and make it VERY calm. Use your calm voice to remind your 2yo that 'We use our quiet voices inside', so that your 2yo doesn't yell & scream or even worse squeal (I hate squealing and I wish I could get my 8mo to stop it!). And instead of telling your 2yo 'off' for bad behaviour try and redirect her instead. If she's trying to pull pictures off the shelves, calmly offer her something else to do (eg. come and do some playdough here on the table).

2yo's are seriously hard work due to their short attention span. So, you'll be needing to redirect her quite frequently, especially when she's tired or sick, when decision making will be harder for her (the decision of what to play with next). You could even make a 'master play list' on your wall of things to do with her, so that when you're trying to work out what she could do next you could suggest something. Not everything has to involve you, but some things would.

Things might include:
    playdough
    puzzles
    books
    playing with a doll
    making a cubby from blankets
    duplo
    bubbles
    water in a small tub with plastic bottles/cups/etc in it (on a towel in the kitchen while you cook is a good time ... but watch for spills!)
    dancing to music

You probably know most of this already, but I hope it helps just a little bit

Thanks
    Reviews
    Totally hear you, mine is 3 next month.

Then i feel terrible at the end of hte day, he is an incredibly sweet and loving boy, but with oodles of energy, the stubborness of 10 bulls, very switched on, and incredibly mischievous.
    Add in a newborn who he wants to 'love' with heavy handedness I lose it at him a million times a day.

The trouble is all the nice calm positive things i try are usually met with NO MUM, Whateverrrrrrrrr Mum (WTH???) ...and associated hitting headbutts etc.

I feel like a big failure when it comes to parenting a toddler, and I wish it could be put down to the new baby and adjusting etc etc... but he was like it before too!

And at the moment I am too tired to have the energy to get out everyday to entertain him, I wish I could devote more attention to him and feel bad his needs are often put 2nd to the baby

Sorry not much help I know.. But I agree with PP.. being out of hte house is usually a good thing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy2be3 View Post
    Try to remember they don't dissobey, not listen, make mess, be noisy etc to annoy you.
    Then you haven't met my 2yo!! I know what you mean, but I'm pretty sure my DD is going through a limit-testing, boundary-pushing phase right now where she IS doing things she knows upset me or are naughty.

And OP, I could've started this thread myself... I like the idea one poster said about getting out of the house and going to the park - I think getting outside does a world of good for toddlers. Now if only I had the energy to take mine, and her baby brother...

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hear ya!

I have a 3yo and a 3mo and some days I feel as though I'm a broken record stuck on full volume!

Some nights I go into her room to turn off her bedside lamp and get a horrible pang of guilt when I look down at her beautiful little sleeping face and I realise that the day we shared was mostly no fun for either of us

That's usually a big kick up the backside for me and I give her a big kiss and tuck her in and start the next day fresh with lots of focus on being positive and having fun (can be challenging to keep it up though!)

She's a great kid. Just as a pp mentioned with hers too - very spirited, inquisitive, stubborn, oodles of energy and wants to know they "why" of everything and has perfected the art of negotiation. Except sometimes there's no room for negotiation and that can really set her off!

Luckily our good days outweigh the not-so-good.

Just wanted you to know that we all have 'those' days xx