+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I lost my temper at the walking past the shops on my way to work. I was rude but he never asked again. and everyday I politely refused last day I was very very nasty he did recognize me each time but still refused to accept not interested. I dislike direcct debit donation collectors. This guy would not take no for an answer after that he commented on how I was that horrible selfish lady he was telling her about.

Not rude. I give to select charities and dislike being made to feel guilty when i say no. I was told I was selfish by a charity that told me they could not help us when I was homeless(in car or family on weekends few hours drive from where we worked) and struggling to find a house. I went ballistic as their charity refused to help me but called me selfish for not donating

Thanks
    Reviews
    A couple of religious folk came to the door early one Saturday morning - screaming hungry newborn, barking German shepherd, toddler wielding a wooden spoon and with a (clean) pair of nappy pants as a hat, and me in my pj's with vomit down the front (not mine) - they couldn't get away fast enough lol. It probably looked like the gateway to hell but who rings the doorbell at 8.30 on a Saturday??

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Jenemi For This Useful Post:

Gothel  (30-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Photo0063.jpg

There is no access to my front door that does not include getting past my boy here. Although we bring him in after dark other wise drunks tend to assault the fence and scream at him on their way past

Makes getting parcels a pain in the bum, though it is so worth it to not have to explain that I'm both broke and an atheist to door knockers

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Amiedoll For This Useful Post:

Kiplusthree  (01-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    Can I ask where people get their signs from? did you make them yourselves or buy them?
    I made my own, typed it on the computer and laminated it at DH's work

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenemi View Post
    who rings the doorbell at 8.30 on a Saturday??
    The JW's who come at least once a month to my place. They came later today and i answered the door in my dressing gown as just got out of the shower as we had 2mins to leave for a party.

Sent from my GT-I9000T using BubHub

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Myztiks#1Fan View Post
    The JW's who come at least once a month to my place. They came later today and i answered the door in my dressing gown as just got out of the shower as we had 2mins to leave for a party.

Sent from my GT-I9000T using BubHub
    Jw's have their own do not call register, if you ask them to add you to it, they will never call to your door again (hurrah!). I have nothing against jw's or any religion, I just really object to my 'space being invaded'...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    OMG this thread jinxed me, I had TWO people come to the door today.

I really hope the JW comes back, I wrote some notes on his brochure for him! I under lined the bits I disagreed with and wrote in the margins. figure he comes to my house while I'm braless in a singlet & bright pink pj pants to offer me paradise (and a moose? seriously....a moose) I figure that's an invitation for debate

then an energy guy telling me he wants to see my phone bill to see if I qualified for a reduction on my bill. cheers

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    phone = energy bill.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Booby OMG lol I'm so sorry I jinxed you If I'd never started this thread you'd never have been subjected to that torture!!
    (PS a moose?? Please explain??!!)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Gothel For This Useful Post:

Boobycino  (01-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    When JW's go to my parents place my stepdad (ex salvo pastor) invites them in and preaches to them (the most hilarious thing I've ever seen) everyone else my mum answers the door holding their car who is the grumpiest thing ever and he (9 times outta 10) hisses at them and they leave

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast