+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Since this is your first bub, everything will be new and exciting and stressful, especially in the first month. I believe you ought to stick to your guns and decline overnight guests until things have settled down and you feel confident. In the early weeks, you will be up feeding every 2 to 3 hours (if you're lucky!) and that could be no fun with house guests. You will probaby worry about waking them up. Also, if your bub has his unsettled period in the middle of the night, that could mean hours of walking the halls with a screaming baby. I think in the early weeks it is reasonable to have them stay at a hotel and visit during the day- one tip I found useful is to set small jobs they can do eg folding washing, holding baby so you can have a shower or do your hair, etc so they feel useful. Otherwise, the tendency for guests is to sit on the lounge and expect you to make cups of tea! Then you'll have a house full of people to look after. Hey, you might feel confident right away and be ready for house guests, but I would wait and see when bub is born

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I've already commented but it's completely normal and common to no want inlaws around and for you the woman,to lean on your own Mother versus Mother inlaw...very common!

We didn't even tell my inlaws until half a day after I'd given birth and let me just day... They were offended, but I don't particularly care if they were offended. It was mine and my hubbies first child and it was our moment to have.

***Sent from my phone***
    Last edited by Happy2be3; 29-06-2012 at 12:05.