+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Thankyou lilipily, so am I.

My dog is incredibly timid now and somewhat 'flighty' with quick movements near him. He cowers alot I've seen my XH with other animals, and this is another reason why I couldn't just leave him there. He was mistreated and given no love whatsoever.

My XH doesn't like cats. My kids have told me that when they have been at the house, XH quite often doesn't have food for the cat so the kids make him weetbix and feed that to him. I assume with XH's help.

It wasn't just about getting them back, it was making sure they were well looked after and loved.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunnyhugs View Post
    Thankyou lilipily, so am I.

My dog is incredibly timid now and somewhat 'flighty' with quick movements near him. He cowers alot I've seen my XH with other animals, and this is another reason why I couldn't just leave him there. He was mistreated and given no love whatsoever.

My XH doesn't like cats. My kids have told me that when they have been at the house, XH quite often doesn't have food for the cat so the kids make him weetbix and feed that to him. I assume with XH's help.

It wasn't just about getting them back, it was making sure they were well looked after and loved.
    OMG

So glad you have them back.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Your poor pets
    I'm so glad they are back with you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Your poor pets Hate it when people use kids/animals as pawns when they don't even want them. Glad they are back with you now and being spoilt

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Benji View Post
    I'd ask the police if they can go with you to collect your things. I know somebody who did this and the police were more than happy to help.

Yep we did this, the police were amazing.... they actually went in on my behalf so I didn't even have to be there.. I think they received a fair bit of grief from my ex which I think sealed the deal with them that I really needed their services.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to placebo For This Useful Post:

austmum  (02-07-2012)

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quick update - my gorgeous dog has really bounced back and while he's still really timid, he's spent most of his time snuggled up with me on the couch. That's where he is at the moment tbh lol.

My cat is staying with my parents for the week and has been incredibly intolerant of my dad (a total softie) but pretty ok with my mum. Hopefully he'll settle down more when I get back there on Friday.

Thanks again for everyone's thoughts and advice xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunnyhugs View Post
    Quick update - my gorgeous dog has really bounced back and while he's still really timid, he's spent most of his time snuggled up with me on the couch. That's where he is at the moment tbh lol.

My cat is staying with my parents for the week and has been incredibly intolerant of my dad (a total softie) but pretty ok with my mum. Hopefully he'll settle down more when I get back there on Friday.

Thanks again for everyone's thoughts and advice xx
    Good to hear

Thanks
    Reviews
    I went through some of this with my ExH, and had to ask the police to help. I didn't tell him I was bringing the police with me, so he was waiting with four body-building mates for me and my younger brother. The police were able to stay for an hour and were pretty horrified by what they saw. I really hope everything works out for you, your boys and you fur babies. Good luck!