+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Do you still have a 'spark' in your relationship...

... even after many years together?

Should that spark last? Does it eventually fade for everyone?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Our spark comes and goes. But we're always friends and lookout for each other. The spark and passion disappears when life gets stressful and we're exhausted, and it reappears when we get more rest and time together.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Hubby and I have together for 6.5 years, married since last November. We have moments where we feel as though the spark is gone, or at least very dim. It's normally times when one or both of us are super stressed and we haven't been able to spend time together. We get it back before to long though. We know that for *our* relationship to work we have to make time for us as individuals as well as a couple and as parents. Even if it's just curling up on the couch and watching a tv show or movie once the kids are in bed. And we always make an effort to show the other person how much we appreciate them. We have been through more then most couples (or individuals for that matter) would experience in a lifetime so we know how important it is to work at a relationship and try to not take it for granted.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to SheWarrior For This Useful Post:

patsmum  (28-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We have been together 4 years married 1yr and I think we do despite his medical issues and our IVF journey definitely feeling very much in love and excited enjoy spending time together.

Theophania is offline 'see what had happened was..there were these three ninjas and a blue monkey and well it really wasn't my fault..'
    Thanks
    Reviews
    DH and I have been together for over 10 years. We still have a spark. But like others we have different levels to that spark. Sometimes it's like the very beginning of the relationship and sometimes we have to make an effort to rekindle our romance. But we always love and respect each other. DH and I have honestly only ever had one big fight, and even then it only lasted about 2 hrs before we made up. I believe he is my sole mate, and I can honestly see myself growing old with him. Currently though we have two young children, he workds hard, I study full time and we just don't get as much time together as we would like, but I just remember that this will pass... I can't wait till the kids are grown and we can retire, pack up our stuff and spend their inheritence on travelling Australia together

Thanks
    Reviews
    DH and I have been together for nearly 14 years. I think we still have a spark, but it's a bit different to that initial spark (or shall we say, fireworks). We love eachother tremendously and miss eachother when we are apart. I still feel excited to see him at the end of a work day. Love that man.

Thanks
    Reviews
    19yrs together and absolutely we still have that spark. We always do things to keep things spicey and interesting

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blessedwith3boys For This Useful Post:

Didge  (28-06-2012),jemmajam  (19-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not really After 12 years together We don't say I love you anymore. It's more like being friends that have sex every now and then.
    Last edited by austmum; 28-06-2012 at 17:19.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    The way I feel about DF is the same as I felt when we first got together, even more so! The spark is definitely still there.
    DF on the other hand seems to be too tired, too busy or too stressed to have a spark so serious all the time

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    We've only been together for 3 years and I still feel butterflies when I see him and get a nervous feeling in my tummy when I'm about to see him - good nervous feeling, not bad. I'll be really sad if it ever stops being like this, it's exciting and I love it.