+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Any Medication for nausea?

Hi y'all
    Just wanted to know if there is anything I can take to get rid or this bad nausea feeling.... Any over the counter med or just from the pharmacy? Anyone taken anything that works???

Thanks
    Reviews
    I feel your pain! I have been sick for nearly 36 weeks! I now take maxalon which is a prescription medication, as I worked in a pharmacy I tried everything over the counter but nothing would work so had to take this to keep some food down!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Restavit was recommended to me by mothersafe (give them a call, they are awesome. Google their name)

I also use vitamin B6 (100mg daily) , maxalon and zofran (very expensive!!!!!!).

Best bet it to call mothersafe, then make an appoint with your doc. I find that some GPs aren't up to date with info, so i sometimes get them to call mothersafe whist i am in a consultation with them as the mothersafe hotline is for Drs aswell.

Good luck!
    Doorh

Ps you could also try the dry biscuit thing and also ginger, but they never worked for me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ginger made me vomit so it doesn't help everyone. All the over the counter meds don't help me heaps but lots of people like the seabands - travel sickness accupressure. See your chemist for them.

Also I ended up getting Maxolon. It didn't stop the vomiting but did stop the constant nausea. Zofran is generally for the worse cases where Maxolon doesn't work but again everyone is different. Both are safe for pregnancy.

Good luck - I'm just coming out the other side...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I tried vitimin B6, ginger etc. but was still unable to keep much down.
    Started taking maxalon, and it didn't really do anything.
    Ondansetron (zofran's one brand) was fantastic for me...I went from being unable to keep water down - about to be hospitalised - to feeling perfectly normal 95% of the time. It IS expensive, and you do need a prescription, but it's safe and so worth it. Worked out to about $2.80 a day for me. I've only recently stopped taking it, as I still needed it to function & work until about 27 weeks.