+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Kiwi,
    I usually don't reply anymore on this forum but your story really affected me.
    I am a patient at Genea and have immune issues.
    I am now under the care of a Californian based immunologist called Dr Karen Pace. She has a lot of patients in Australia. Karen orders all of the blood testing through Rosalind Franklin University like Dr Matthias (you MUST get your blood tested in US at RFU). You will need a doctor to provide local prescriptions for medication as obviously Karen can't prescribe for her Australian/international clients. You can check her out online at Conceivable Solutions. I can only speak highly of her as someone who can give you the latest information and help you discover if immune issues are at play. I just wish I found her 6 years ago. She has a great success rate and I am just waiting for some additional treatment before I begin my first stim cycle with her.
    Wishing you all the best in whatever approach you take.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi YinYang, I read your story and my tears came out. I felt a sense of hope and inspiration. I just had my 4th IVF failed implant. The reason that we started on this journey was due to my DH's sperm issues. I have PCO but not real symptoms. After 2 failed cycles, I changed a doctor and found out I have moderate NKC (56). The way we went on the 3rd cycle, the result were similar, I produced many eggs and fertilisation rate is low. Transferred 2, no pregnancy. I was also on dexamethasone(4mg). We picked up ourselves and tried cycle No.4. this time, I had mild OHSS so didn't transfer but froze the two embryos. I took 3 months off to recover from all the hormonal treatment. I changed my diet, exercise regular and felt healthy than ever. I finally felt ready to do the transfer, which was 2 weeks ago. it was a good looking embryo. It went on pre-blastocyst stage. During the 2weeks, I felt the embryo's energy and implantation. I was so positive, so certain that there's something going on. But the blood test result showed negative and my period gradually started. It's been 2 days but I still can't pick myself up. It's such a soul torching experience. Before I did the transfer, I went to see another Dr in Melbourne who does things outside of the box. He asked me and my husband did heaps of blood test for immunity. One of the blood tests came back showing I have ENA positive( i think it's part of ANA test). Not sure if it explains why I have multiple failed implications.
    I read Dr Alan's book like a bible. I just learnt Dr Gamal M was trained under Dr Alan's method. I'm thinking maybe I should have a consultation with Dr G. The challenge is I live in Melb and I'm wondering if I need to find a IVF dr in Sydney who understands the immunity issues as well as PCO condition. Or I could use the dr here in melb and only need to go to Sydney for the treatment with Dr.G.

I feel so hopeless for the first time, I'm running out of spirit to see the future with my baby in here. I know they are there but too many failures, heartaches, disappointment and confusions stop me from hoping again. I started to think maybe I don't mean to have children in this life time, maybe I should adopt? What happens if I tried everything and still doesn't work?

I really need some inspirations to keep me going...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi YinYang, I would like to have a chat with you if it's possible. My case is similar to yours. How do I PM you? thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @HopeAgain: this is a very old thread. You should look for Natural killer cell thread. Most ladies there are under DrMatthias. You don't need a new Dr in syd as most of us are seeing him on the side. He does phone consult (no medicare rebate). He usually suggests intralipid or IVIG infusion 7-10 days before transfer for NK cell case. I don't know about ENA but I have positive ANA which my FS prescribes me with prednisolone and clexane. Depends on your problem, the only different DrM does different than my FS is adding the intralipid. the infusion has no medicare rebate. Very expensive!!! I know someone is doing intralipid in melbourne so u might not even need to fly to syd.