+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Helen,
    The blood tests from Chicago took a couple of weeks (both my husband and my blood was tested so our took a little longer). You should be able to harass Gweneth (Dr Matthias') secretary every day - I did - to see if they have received the results. Also get her to give you an appointment if you haven't already got one to get your results as our blood tests results were back but I had to wait a week to get in to see him to get the results. As you know he is super busy. Blood tests for us were $1160 (Australian). If you know what tests you are getting you can email Chad at the clinic in Chicago his address is on the form and he will tell you how much. He was also really good at letting us know when the blood got there. As was First Couriers (brilliant BRILLIANT service and help).
    Biopsy results took a week only but my cycle was a bit shortened after it.
    I was hoping to be doing an August cycle but in the end I have to be on Prednisolone for 3 weeks before I do a cycle so at this stage it is looking like an early September cycle for me.
    Please feel free to ask if you have any other questions whatsoever.
    Warm wishes.

helenmac is offline After 3 yrs of tcc I've got a BFP!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Festivalgirl - Thanks for all the info. As much as I think Gweneth & Dr. Matthias are so lovely do you find that they are hopeless in getting back to you? I emailed Dr. M last week and still no reply. Gweneth seems to be very busy each time I call she asks if she can call me back. On a few occasions she hasn't called me back that day then I'll call her again the the morning! Very different to my previous FS Dr. Sacks who replied immediately to my emails. That's my winge for the day!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Helenmac - they run a few different clinics, so they're pretty busy. Frustrating I know. Stick with them, I'm nearly 10 weeks pregnant after Dr M believed I could fall pregnant naturally (after 2 ivf cycles, 7 transfers and 4 m/c). I didn't believe him, but lo and behold with a little help from clomid, dex and aspirin... Here I am!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dear Nat84u - congratulations!
    Don't worry, I won't be giving up I am just harassing the surgery as I need to! I haven't bothered emailing Dr M (mainly because he didn't offer me his email address). My partner and I have just been hounding Gwyneth as we need answers to questions. I have to have a lot of treatment (including clexane, prednisolone and IViG so no doubt I will be hounding them a lot).
    I really think that they are over-whelmed by the number of women travelling to the surgery for Dr M's treatment which is unique in Australia as far as I can tell - and as the word is getting out they are struggling to respond! Typical doctor. He really needs to have a swish surgery in town with four efficient secretaries running his surgery - like some of the Genea or IVFA guys.
    Just keep trying!

helenmac is offline After 3 yrs of tcc I've got a BFP!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Nat84u - I'm so pleased to hear the pregnancy is progressing well. YES I'll definately stick with them as I need to attempt their treatments so I know in my heart that I've done absolutely EVERYTHING so there are no regrets. Hopefully it'll be successful but I've had so much disapointment in the past it's hard to be positive.

Festivalgirl - Oh I know it's really frustrating, I couldn't agree more! I they are so busy and run off their feet why not put a few more assistants on to cope with the workload!! It doesn't make sense.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,

I hope you don't mind me joining you in this thread! I have also endured 5 years of IVF with 13 cycles, the last 4 were with Dr. Sacks. My NK cell is CD 59 with a very high reading.

I have pretty much given up and get on with life in the 6 months given Im 41 now. I have last two embryos left which Im planning to put it back later this year. I don't know what have lead me to your thread but I have this strong gut feeling its just meant to be. So I called Dr. Matthias this afternoon and made an appointment at the end of this month.

Similar with some of you, I have done absolute everything and I thought I'd give it a last try with something new rather than just with the old Bondi protocal which never worked for me.

Would I still be able to get Dr. Sacks to just do FET cycle for me (purely for convenience) and take Dr. M's treatment? Is it easy to get around? I found Dr. Sacks sometimes can be quite 'precious' IYKWIM.

Also would like to know do you have to do a comprehensive testings? I've never done uterine biopsy before and wondering if it is a must? All my tests done were blood test.

If any new blood test need to be done, is that comprehensive? Im such a baby on this even after all these years!

I can see a few ladies here are in the middle of the treatment, can I suggest let's keep each other updated because it has been so hard to find any information re NK cells, most people don't know much! Im so glad to find your guys! Good luck to you all where ever the stage you are in. Maybe we will be cycling together soon!

x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Earthpower!

Yep, Dr M will tell you to get Dr sacks to do all your ivf related stuff... But Dr M will medicate you for your cycle. Normal FS get a bit shirty about Dr M's treatments too, just In case you mention it to Dr Sacks. A previous FS of mine actually tried to talk me out of it saying alot of negative things and here I am... Pregnant without ivf! I often wonder where I'd be without Dr M and his treatment plan. I could've saved SO many years of heartache, tears, frustration and money!

Hope everything goes well at your appointment. He's a lovely, gentle man and I just love his secretary!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh and... I didn't have a biopsy with Dr M. I just had some BTs and he picked up an immune problem that no other FS has ever found before. So I'd say he'll send you for BTs and possibly the biopsy as well esp if you already know you have nk cells.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies! I'm seeing dr matthias tomorrow hoping to find answers after 6 unsuccessful transfers. Will let you know how I go

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Nat, its so encouraging to hear stories like yours.....thanks for sharing and answering my questions. I think I won't tell Dr. Sacks at all and just do my separate treatment, he doesn't even monitoring my cycle after the transfer so I doubt he will notice the difference.

Hi Bella, good luck with tomorrow, let us know how you go! Mine is on 30th August.