+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Need Rewards/charts 6 and 4 yr old ds AT MY WITS END

Something needs to change right now but i dont know how to go about. I need some sort of reward and chore chart/system thats easy for a 6 and 4 yr old boy to understand/follow. We very rarely smack them and atm its taking toys away. They need something to strive towards or look forward to as i know for kids, cleaning their rooms ect just isnt fun but im set in my routines now after years of struggling to keep up with a tidy house and im just starting to lose the plot(i feel theres no respect for me especially when i clean and do the milion other things (im a sahm) and it gets thrown in my face which doesnt help when im doing the same thing day in day out)

So far i have a morning routine set up for them make beds clean room get dressed teeth pack bags put cereal bowls away hair and read book, afternoon is only really unpacking their bag, after tea its just putting plates in the sink and bedtime its clean toys, toilet and teeth. and when i say clean room it also means clothes in the wash.

Another thing thats really getting to me is that they steal. Not from shops but if my bag is lying around theyll take money, go into dp study and take his notepads, take cake and sweets from the kitchen anything that takes their fancy theyll take and be sneaky about it. They have not one toy in their room atm only bed, clothes and an empty desk.

So how would you go about with their routine/chores then a reward system for that but also then if they dont do it or do something naughty like steal, not play nice. I have a list of house rules that we did together which is pretty standard. ARGH help please

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have just done a rewards chart for my 3.5yo, I just used excel inserted images of each activity DS needs to complete he then puts a sticker against the task when he completes it, when he has 5 stickers he chooses something from his rewards page which we made together, I found pictures representing activities he likes doing like cooking with mum, going in the spa, visiting Nonna. He also cut out some toys from the recent toy catalogues.

I did also see a basic rewards chart in the Kmart catalogue for $15.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks. ds6 can read but ds4 cant so pics would help. I have some star stickers but didnt know if them ticking it off or a stamp or sticker would be best lol. And the reward i was contemplating was pocket money but i think a week to do chores is a lil bit too long to wait as i thought they would like to see results right then and there.

Which then led me onto how do you come up with rewards for completeting daily things or once they completed daily chores it goes towards a chart where u have to get say 5 days of completed tasks to get a reward. Its so confusing trying to decide whats going to work for everyoes advantage

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Bub Hub has rewards charts!

http://www.bubhub.com.au/rewardcharts.php

I have printed and used them with great success with my 5yo...We usually do it for a week or two, with lots of positive reinforcement. After that he is usually much better, and just needs reminding..when things start to slip we print off the charts again...I find a lot of the time it is ME forgetting to reinforce good behaviours and slipping into the frustrated, yelling crazy woman in the morning, which just makes his behaviour work...maybe I need a reward chart!?