+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hugs. That's so sad. Can you call her DP to find out if its ok to drop round? I agree that taking meals is a nice idea, and I'm sure she would appreciate your offering to look after the kids so the parents can have a rest.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My dilemma also is that I don't know how physically ill she is at the mo don't know if she's even up to visitors. Hence my unsureity about if I drop round

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was going to suggest offering to take the kids out on a special play day. Take them somewhere so that they forget about what is going on at home. Send them home with massive smiles. What more could a mum want?

I'm not sure if a card is always a good idea? In the final stages the terminally ill don't really need to be reminded that they are dying. I know that it would only be sent with the most genuine heartfelt wishes.... I just wonder how it would make them feel? I know they upset my MIL a little.

I've lost close relatives before and yes, they did tend to want to be with their immediate family, but it all depends on how close you are with her as to whether or not she'd like to see you too. I know that there are a very small handful of my girlfriends that I would hate the opportunity not to say goodbye to and have a cuddle and a cry with.

Sometimes life can be so cruel can't it?

ETA. Can you call her house? Or someone closer who may be able to give you an insight as to how she is feeling?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to CountryLovin For This Useful Post:

sweetsugardumplin'  (28-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    This is the worst. My cousin died of cancer at 33....she had a 3 yr old and 7 month old. They discovered the cancer when she was pregnant

So sorry to hear about your friend. Just be there for her and her family. So sad

Thanks
    Reviews
    that is just awful, so hearbreaking for someone so young and to leave behind a hubby and children, makes me so cranky at the world I wonder if maybe you could leave a nice meal and card at the door (something that maybe woudl be ok if left for a few hours, forzen maybe?) that way if they are not up to visitors they don't have to anser but still know you are thinking of them, i personally don't know if i would send flowers but that's just me, do what you feel is appropriate as you know the family. My thoughts and prayers for everyone

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for all the ideas! I'm very torn abt what wld be appropriate, so it's nice hearing diff points of view! Will try talk to her Sis in law (who I also know) and see where things are at and see what would feel best

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by tashaplus2 View Post
    Thanks for all the ideas! I'm very torn abt what wld be appropriate, so it's nice hearing diff points of view! Will try talk to her Sis in law (who I also know) and see where things are at and see what would feel best
    That's a great idea. She'll have some idea whether she is up to having visitors. Flowers would be a lovely thing to do. The family will need lots of support especially after she has gone. Hugs to you and the family.

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I am very sorry to hear of the bad news.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry to hear about your friend. I would send flowers and offer to help in any way she might need.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am so sorry on the news of your friend.