+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you every single reply has been useful . The reply that said how breast feeding was a burden for them could be the case in this situation . She might do much better if it was stopped . We do both breast and bottle . It's hard to know as some say they wished they had more encouragement to continue and others say it helped and relieved them when they stopped .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    An alternative GP is the best GP to have. My GP was a normal/conventional doctor who also knew alternative therapy. He'd think outside the box.
    Be there for her as much as you can. Take some meals to her home, ask of she needs any washing done etc. if she truly hates breastfeeding and it makes her feel worse then I'd say give it up. I'm all for breastfeeding but when I was suffering from PND, it made me miserable. I hate DS and I hated breastfeeding. Giving it up was the best decision for me.
    I can't wait for my next bub just so I can breastfeed but that's because I'm in the right place mentally and emotionally.
    Just remind her that it will not last!! PND isn't forever and that black cloud will slowly disappear. I was reminded every day by some lovely women here on bub hub and I'm so thankful for their reminders and positive words. With the right treatment, she will get through it and come out sooooo much stronger!
    PND was a blessing for me. It put me through hell and back but I came out stronger, wiser and more bad *** ; ) haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Having just become the mother of a newborn, one of the best things you can do is hold the baby while she has a shower. Seems so basic, but how well my day goes depends on whether I got enough time for a decent morning shower, without worrying about the baby crying halfway between shaving my legs, makes me feel human and ready to tackle the rest of the day. Little things like that will help her a lot

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Ellymoe For This Useful Post:

SugarSkull  (10-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    yes i will continue to make sure shes not overloaded and have also bought her some things to make her life easier.

i think there are relatives around her who think she is sicker than she actually is but she has a dr that she likes now who beleives she'll be fine in a few weeks.
    I think there were a bunch of stresses, medical blunders, that added up, which are easier now, and so its on a good path.