+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Fruit fiend

Hi all. I am having real trouble with DS 11 months and his eating. He won;t eat cereal for breakfast, usually has toast ( and the last few days that has been a no go so I have given him fruit.. mandarine, strawberries, pear etc) and doesn't eat a great deal for dinner. I have tried feeding him from a spoon... I have tried letting him feed himself.. he just throws the food onto the floor. The only thing he will eat with any real certainty is fruit. Vege's at dinner time is a joke. I am trying to get him used to eating dinner at the table with us, but I find that with all of the distraction it's just a nightmare ( I have 2 older children 15 and 12), but he still doesn;t eat much if I feed him before we eat. He loves pasta, but surely he can't live on pasta and fruit. HE is also still waking for a night feed, and I am wondering the amount he eats might be the reason for it, he is still having 4x 200 mls bottles/ 24 hrs. Any advice, words of encouragement, reassurance would be appreciated..lol.

TIA
    Last edited by liddia; 28-06-2012 at 10:21.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    How old is he ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hes 11 months

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hmmm my kids have always liked fruit better than veggies.

You said he likes pasta, could you make spag bol with lots of veggies ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, I've tried being sneaky with the pasta, even using vege puree as a sauce for it, tasted pretty good to me..lol. He normally doesn't like spag bol, I think it's the mince he doesn't like. I might give it another shot though, I think with more of a napolitana sauce however. He seems to love spinach and ricotta cannelloni. He also isn't real big on any meat, which concerns me a little. I thought that he would really take to feeding himself, as he likes to pick up the pasta spirals, feeds himself the pieces of fruit, even feeds himself some yoghurt from a spoon, but if i put pieces of vege in front of him, or load a spoon with them he looks at me as if I've lost my mind and throws it :|. AS far as cereal goes, I have bought him those mini weetbix things with the fruit inside, soaked them in milk so he could pick them up and feed himself but nope... I even went with nutri-grain.. same deal. I have never had a picky eater before. I'm not sure how to handle it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Oh liddia can I please subscribe I am going through the exact same thing with 11 month old dd!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Loco go ahead hon... I feel for anyone with a picky eater

8. The Following User Says Thank You to liddia For This Useful Post:

LoCo  (28-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Both mine were really picky eaters but they're 9 and 6 now so I can't really remember what I did lol.

I think I just let them have whatever they'd eat (within reason) and just keep offering foods. Also maybe try cutting down his milk. If he's hungry he'll eat. I feel for you op, having a picky eater is tough.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to cluckcluck For This Useful Post:

liddia  (28-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by liddia View Post
    Hi Loco go ahead hon... I feel for anyone with a picky eater
    She would eat fruit all day if I let her. I tried making her a slow cooked apricot chicken and potatoes last night so the chicken was sweet and soft but no she thought it would look better rubbed through her hair haha! And the rest she gave to the staffy argh!!!

Hope you get some useful replies do I can have a peak xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LoCo View Post
    She would eat fruit all day if I let her. I tried making her a slow cooked apricot chicken and potatoes last night so the chicken was sweet and soft but no she thought it would look better rubbed through her hair haha! And the rest she gave to the staffy argh!!!

Hope you get some useful replies do I can have a peak xx

Yep Loco, I have cooked many a baby appropriate meal in the slow cooker thinking he would like it..lol.. but I was wrong! If he likes something one day there's not even a guarantee he's gonna like it the next. Lunch is usually the best meal for us.. he'll generally have a sandwich, or grilled cheese and avo on toast etc and a piece of fruit, and a cheese stick. Maybe I should try the dinner food at lunch and give him the sandwich at dinner. My control freak nature screams that that is not how it is done though..lol.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to liddia For This Useful Post:

LoCo  (28-06-2012)