+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    How set in stone are the arrangements? I know that DD's Dad wouldn't want her to miss out on something like that, particularly when it involves new friends and a new school she is settling into. Surely if FOB is not going to be around much anyway he will be open to changing the arrangements?

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Lol she's so cute!

Bugger, yeah I wouldn't rock the boat if it's going to cause issue. Is there any way it can be made up to her when she returns? Maybe ask some of her friends to come over your place?

I certainly wouldnt shove DD off if she was distressed at going however I always keep in mind that her Father, her older siblings, her gran parents, her aunties and uncles etc etc are her family if anything should happen to me she will be thrust into that world to live and so therefore the more familiar, comfortable, and the more chance she gets to build relationships with all the people in that side of the family then the less distress for her if the unknown happens. It is our job to encourage children and help them foster relationships with all their relatives. My daughter sometimes says she doesnt want to go to Dads but she is four and is only seeing things at the moment whereas I am looking at her whole life...the next thing she is there with her dad and granparents and she almost forgets Im alive LOL. Anyway I feel your angst and hope it works out for your DD. I also would be PO that he hadnt taken any time off, even a few days wouldve been more encouraging on his part for her, but some men just dont have a clue.