+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Baby Seats, Prams and other products?? :)

Hey all Mama's
    Just wondering... I'm a first time mama-to-be (not due until December) but I was wondering what baby car seats did you all use? Just want your opinions on what the best ones are that I can use from birth and continue to use etc... There's just so many! And what would be the best pram I could get? As I have pushed friends' prams in the past, and they haven't been any good as I have a bad shoulder and things just don't like me lol. (I found a great one in Target actually it was so smooth the name escapes me at this point but it was great) but i'd like to know reviews from mums on here rather than on the brands website or whatever (cause I always think anything good being said is just employees trying to manipulate me by saying good things LoL) so can I have your opinions on car seats and prams? Thanks ever so kindly <3

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I use the safe and sound meridian. It's been great and is very comfortable for bubs. Excellent safety wise as well! I like it coz it has the panels on the side next to their head in case of side impact. Thats what set it aside from some of the others for us.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Momkey For This Useful Post:

gluteousmaximus  (27-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    If you google crep test you will find the independant crash test results for many seats. It might be a good starting point to compare seats and work out what is in your price range.

Prams can be a very individual thing. It really depends what features you're looking for and your price range. For example, do you want bubs to able to face you, is storage important, will you be using it off road or only in shopping centres?
    I could go on and on. I'd go to a big baby shop and try them all out.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have you checked out the bub hub review pages. Click on reviews up the top and have a look through. There are quite a few products reviewed there and you may even find other products to check out. All reviews are done by bub hub members not shop assistants and are very honest. There are even ones for bath products and monitors and even parks to go to.

Good luck and congrats on the little one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there, I used a baby capsule fitted to the car at the hospital- this is great as you can remove the inner capsule and carry baby inside without disturbing the baby. After 6 months, I went to Babies Galore and they fitted the most up to date car seat, which we still use 5 years later. I would take the advice from the people at the store as to what is currently the best product at the time of installation.
    As for pram, I agree, a very individual thing. With DS1, we chose phil and teds as we knew we were having another baby within a short space of time and that pram can accommodate a newborn and a toddler in a full seat. It was an excellent choice for us and we used it for 4 years. I am due with number 3 soon and the boys are long out of a pram so I splurged and purchased a second hand bugaboo on ebay- it looks great- it has a bassinette and is nice to manouvre.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm a first time mum due in October and am yet to buy my car seat but I will be buying the Safe n Sound Meridian when I do, I have a few friends with kids that are very happy with it and it apparently has better protection for side impact during accidents than some others. It's one of the more expensive but something I'm willing to spend more on.

As far as prams go, we have just bought ours and taken a leap away from what we were told is great from friends - they love the baby jogger city select but we got a good deal on another pram (peg perego skate) haven't used it yet as bub isnt here but we filled it with stuff in the store took it for a walk around, folded it up and down etc and liked it so we took it. We shopped around - some places offered us deals and more help than others. Overall, we considered things like what it felt like to push, whether it had an adjustable handle, how easy it was to fold, if it fit in our car boot, what online reviews said and how wide the wheel base was - some prams are said to be great but have really big wide wheels which we didn't want (ie Striders)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've been lucky to have received gifts etc, so I was able to get what I wanted but my top three are:

Car Seat - Meridian Safe and Sound Platinum (comes with airbages and only $100 than the regular but you have the buy online)
    http://mybabywarehouse.com.au/index....at-silver.html

Pram - Bugaboo Camellian (spelling??) BUT it's pricey, however lasts a long time, convertable, very easy to get around (even hubby was impressed) and great resell value. Can be hard to fit in some boots though.

Cot - Boori as they last for up to 7 years (depending how quickly your little one grows) as they go from a cot to a toddler bed, to a bed and then day couch. Well worth the money long term.

Clothing is the only thing I haven't gone overboard on as they outgrow them so quickly and love to throw up on them

9. The Following User Says Thank You to HarlowBaby For This Useful Post:

gluteousmaximus  (05-07-2012)