+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Sort of spin off natural vs induction

Sort of a spin off from the thread asking about second labours being easier.

Was your natural experience better than your induction?
    I was induced last time and after 9 hours active labour needed an emergency c-section under GA. Awful experience, very intense as the contractions came one on top of the other and I only had a little gas.

Hoping for a spontaneous VBAC this time.

What's your experience?

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by MunchiesMummy View Post
    My natural labour was eleventy billion x better than my induced!
    This.

And I had a severe PPH with my spontaneous labour that meant I was rushed off to theatre for an emergency procedure with a spinal block. It was still a zillion times better than being induced. Crying out for an epi within an hour of being induced compared to being mildly uncomfortable for a few hours until the last hour or so when it got intense. You chose!

I really don't think many women realise what they are getting themselves in for by consenting to an induction. (That's not their fault, they just aren't given the information and allowed to make an informed choice.)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MunchiesMummy View Post
    My natural labour was eleventy billion x better than my induced!
    Yes, this!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Hmm

I have had 2 fantastic inductions, one that I think was my second easiest birth. I had 1 horrific induction where I got hyperstimulated and a few other issues.

I had 3 natural that were good.

I would say natural is better for most women.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had 2 inductions, the first resulted in a very long labour and the second resulting in a very short one. All in all i was satisfied with both. I will no doubt have another induction if we have baby number 3.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies!
    Most people I've asked said they preferred their natural labour because they got used to the contractions intensifying.

However we were there when my Mum gave birth to my youngest sister after induction and it was a 3 hour, no complication labour and easiest she had!

Personally I'm quite scared of them, I'd rather have a planned c-section than go through an awful induction to be rushed off for a c-section anyway.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subbing!

I'm currently 41 weeks and looks like I'll be getting induced on Monday (which will make me 41 + 5) and am kinda freaking out cuz I've only ever heard horror stories about inductions.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MRR1006 View Post
    Subbing!

I'm currently 41 weeks and looks like I'll be getting induced on Monday (which will make me 41 + 5) and am kinda freaking out cuz I've only ever heard horror stories about inductions.
    Good luck with your induction!
    Mine were so very different, first was a 33hr slow progressing labour in which i was offered a cs but declined and was then a failed vaccuum and eventually forcep delivery and the second my ob broke my waters straight up and it was a quick easy 4hr labour. Neither put me off, I will most likely need an induction again if we have a 3rd.