+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Running after someone at the airport!

For love?
    Forgotten something?
    Final message?

Have you ever done that or know someone?

Thanks
    Reviews
    yup when we moved here last january miss 10 stayed behind with her mum. there was a huge bunch of people at the airport and somehow in the mix hubby didnt manage to cuddle her and say goodbye. we got on the plane and he got so upset so we spoke to the stewardess who let him off the plane to run back inside and pick her up and cuddle her. he jumped the gate and everything. was seriously a movie moment and somethign she will always remember now

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lettabean For This Useful Post:

Bennos Mummy  (28-06-2012),Hannahly  (27-06-2012),ThreePeasPlease  (27-06-2012),VicPark  (30-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Running after the airline rep at LAX who was rushing us through security (skipped the whole line) so we could board our "closed" flight back to Australia so we could get to MIL who was in ICU after having a heart attack.

Not a romantic situation but an airport rush to get your thread started.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes just last week - to give my husband the two dummies I had in my pocket for the baby. Thought it was cruel to let them board the plane without.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yes last weekend. My brother moved permanently to Switzerland. We had a massive tearful hugfest goodbye at the customs door, then he left and I changed my mind and wanted 1 last hug but he had already gone through the door So i sat on the floor and cried my eyes out till I got told to move. Even just thinking about it makes my heart hurt and I get teary.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Last time, when dd was leaving, I ran back for one last hug.

I have ran DH a few times for things he has forgotten.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know a guy who did it for love.... he actually got a ticket and boarded the plane - but the feelings weren't mutual and she was really upset that he was on the plane!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by onedayatatime View Post
    I know a guy who did it for love.... he actually got a ticket and boarded the plane - but the feelings weren't mutual and she was really upset that he was on the plane!
    Oh noooooooo! Awkward.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Just*Ace View Post
    Yes last weekend. My brother moved permanently to Switzerland. We had a massive tearful hugfest goodbye at the customs door, then he left and I changed my mind and wanted 1 last hug but he had already gone through the door So i sat on the floor and cried my eyes out till I got told to move. Even just thinking about it makes my heart hurt and I get teary.
    .aw no

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes. DS and I missed our connection in Sydney with Singapore Airlines, because the domestic Quantas flight got cancelled due to technical issues.

I was knackered as I had been running with 9kg of handluggage in a big duffelbag and 15kg of DS in my arms, from the back of the domestic terminal, to the bus stop.
    Flipping bus never showed up, so had to pay for a taxi to race to the international terminal.
    The plane left at 3.15pm and we got there at 2.45pm and they would not let us board
    The Singapore Airlines manageroffered us to stay the night in Sydney and take the next plane the next day. I said it wasn't good enough. The bloody plane was still standing on the airport, so why on earth could he not let us go through?!?!
    I really did not feel much for staying in a motel with my 16 month old son having to sleep in my bed as they had no cot in the motel.

So I just sat there crying and threw in a mini hissy fit as well. I think I scared the cr@p out of the manager, because he finally did something more useful other than offering a motel.
    As I was chaning DS's nappy on the toilet, I heard someone running around frantically looking for us. I quickly finished changing DS, and the manager said he had found a Quantas flight that was about to leave, but we could still board it and with lots of luck and cooperation in Singapore, we could still catch our next flight to Amsterdam.
    He even managed to get a little stroller to put DS in as we were running through the airport, through security and passport check, etc.
    I don't think i have ever been more exhausted then in those few hours. Poor DS was beside himself. He had missed his afternoon nap and all that running (I could not carry him all the time) had exhausted him big time as well.

Oh and ofcourse we arrived to find our luggage somehow had ended up in Hong Kong So had to go clothes shopping with a massive jetlag. Lucky I had been smart enough to pack enough meds for me and DS in my hadnluggage as it took a week before we saw our luggage again. (DS's stroller hadn't arrived either. When it did arrive, the stroller was badly damaged and torn. I had to borrow a stroller of my aunties neighbours).