+ Reply to Thread
    threechooks is offline If my spelling annoys you that's your problem.... I have better things to do than proofread !
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Help !Have you been to Singapore?

Is it cheap to eat out in Singapore?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not from my experience! We struggled to find cheap food unless we went to shopping malls and ate local cuisine then it was under $10/meal. Loved it there though was awesome.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hawker centres are real cheap. You will pay medium price $5 for a meal. If you go to some shopping centres you can find nice clean ones with food from all over asia. I love all the spicy food.
    If you ask the receptionist at your hotel they will direct you to the cheaper areas. Also a good tip is to eat at the stalls that have the longest lines as the food is usually really good.
    Just like anywhere you can go to expensive restaurants and get great service but the cheaper the food is the less service you get.
    Enjoy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    yes! As long as you don't go to wanky restaurants. You are much better off going to the local food halls in the shopping centres, or the Hawker centres that are everywhere, open at all hours and super cheap.
    We just came back a few weeks ago. Prices are around $4.50 for chicken rice, $3 plate of noodles etc.
    If you want western food like Maccas/ pizza then you will pay aussie type prices

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree! Hawkers centres are cheap and the food is excellent. China town at night is awesome too. Singapore has wonderful food, at all budgets.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Love Singapore and didn't find it hard to eat for reasonable prices at all. There is food everywhere, China Town and Little India are favs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I've been a couple of times, but not for years, and the food in China Town and Little India was cheaper than Australian food but not quite as cheap as some other Asian countries.

There are really expensive restaurants, but plenty of other options if you're on a budget.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Heaps of places!!! hit the food courts and markets. Go for the places that all the locals are eating at.... So good!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub