+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Don't be down on yourself alphabetsoup!! Think of it as a lifestyle change, everytime you say your 'sugar free' and say no to sugar it gets easier! Just be armed with snack back up next time so you reach for something else instead...

---------
    Mummie to
    Lucy Alys (July '06)
    Minnie Audrey (July '09)
    Pippi Violet (oct '11)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to shinebrite For This Useful Post:

Alphabetsoup  (12-07-2012)

She~Ra is offline Princess Of Power ... (formerly Mumtofive)
    Thanks
    Reviews
    im on day 4 of no softdrink.. tonight is really stressful and all i wanna do is have a pepsi... im trying sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooo hard to resit!!

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alphabetsoup View Post
    Ugh I screwed up today. I have had a really emotional couple of daydream and today I caved. I had some sweet chilli sauce and half a lemonade. Never mind, back on track tomorrow.
    I love the idea of a recipe spin off!!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub
    hun, hope you are feeling better about it today, three steps forward, one back, three steps forward again. We're all human, don't be hard on yourself

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Gothel For This Useful Post:

Alphabetsoup  (12-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mumtofive View Post
    im on day 4 of no softdrink.. tonight is really stressful and all i wanna do is have a pepsi... im trying sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooo hard to resit!!
    And you know what, 2.5yrs later I haven't touched one but MAN would I love to but I KNOW it wouldn't be worth it and it wouldn't taste the same!! Try and change your thinking, everytime you want that, replace it with something else, a glass of water with a sprig of mint and squeeze of lime? You can get stevia sweetened soda cans with natural flavours, I get an elderberry one when I go out for dinner in the city once inna blue moon. You can do it, maybe try going for a run?

---------
    Mummie to
    Lucy Alys (July '06)
    Minnie Audrey (July '09)
    Pippi Violet (oct '11)

threechooks is offline If my spelling annoys you that's your problem.... I have better things to do than proofread !
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had some veges last night and it seemed they tasted sweeter, coincidence? I get the muchies after dinner, so last night had a few almonds and a little bit of cheese. For those who are sugar free, did you loose weight? I only have 4kgs to loose but am hoping this will help. Plus I know I am addicted to sugar. I am the personwho eats the whole litre of icecream, instead of one scoop. I am the person who can't have one peice of cake but has to eat most of the whole cake.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by threechooks View Post
    I had some veges last night and it seemed they tasted sweeter, coincidence? I get the muchies after dinner, so last night had a few almonds and a little bit of cheese. For those who are sugar free, did you loose weight? I only have 4kgs to loose but am hoping this will help. Plus I know I am addicted to sugar. I am the personwho eats the whole litre of icecream, instead of one scoop. I am the person who can't have one peice of cake but has to eat most of the whole cake.
    Yep you'll loose weight, probably more than you want! I use to eat the whole tub of ice cream several times a week!!! I wasn't huge because I always worked out like a couple of hours a day but throughout my second pregnancy I put on heaps, I was so embarrassed I didn't weigh myself! Afterwards I was a size 14 and within 3m of cutting all sugar, dairy and gluten I went to a size 6, third pregnancy I was wearing size 8 pants the whole time and I'm back to a 6... I am a tiny person but sugar is a huge factor in weight issues, so is gluten btw

---------
    Mummie to
    Lucy Alys (July '06)
    Minnie Audrey (July '09)
    Pippi Violet (oct '11)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone

I am thrilled to have found this thread.

I am on day 2 of sugar free, though this is my third attempt. I was going great at the end of last year but came undone over Christmas. I lasted a couple of weeks earlier this year but the sugar slowly crept back into my diet. I am more determined than ever to do better this time. I have the Sweet Poison Quit Plan which is the second book by David Gillespie. It has some of the theory from the first book but also step by step plan on how to do it - what to chuck out of your fridge and cupboards, what to buy, how to read the lables etc.

Sarah Wilson has a lot of useful information on her blog including an 8 week quit plan and a new cookbook (I bought the quit plan but not the cook book yet.) I think a lot of the recipes are paleo.

One thing she suggests when you are quitting is to eat fat - it will help keep you full and get through the cravings. She suggests cheese, avocado, nuts etc.

After quitting the first time, I still don't take sugar in my coffee or eat sugar filled breakfast cereal, I buy natural yoghurt and avoid dried fruits, I don't eat sugar filled sauces so I guess I am doing pretty well to keep the hidden sugar out of my diet.

BUT...

the full on sugar KILLS me - coke, chocolate, desserts, icecream etc.

It doesn't help that DH is totally hooked on sugar and buys the sugary food.

Anyway I am working hard to say no thanks, and eat something else.

I hope I can be sugar free this time.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to sunnymummy For This Useful Post:

threechooks  (13-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hi everyone * waves *, just done week 1 of no sugar, no fruit, etc, but where do carbs sit, like pasta, patatto eyc??? Love this thread.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lilypily View Post
    Hi everyone * waves *, just done week 1 of no sugar, no fruit, etc, but where do carbs sit, like pasta, patatto eyc??? Love this thread.
    Well done for completing one week.

From what I have read about going sugar free, there are certainly a range of ideas about what to eat and avoid.

The Sweet Poison plan recommends avoiding anything with more than 5% sugar (5g per 100g or 100mls when you read the label). Using this pasta, rice potatoes etc are all fine.

Avoid ALL drinks with sugar because even if it has less than 5g per 100mls you will drink 300mls, 400mls, 600mls of it so it is too much.

For dairy it should be under 8g per 100g since the first 4.7g is lactose which is ok.

The Paleo diet/lifestyle is also sugar free and mirrors the diet of our hunter/gatherer ancestors. It recommends avoiding food produced by agriculture including potatoes and grains - wheat, oats etc. Instead meat, vegetables and fats are eaten.

HTH
    Last edited by sunnymummy; 14-07-2012 at 11:20. Reason: extra info added

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks sunnymummy, think I need to start reading labels to check out what can be stocked in my pantry.