+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 99
  1. #41
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Gold Coast, QLD
    Posts
    370
    Thanks
    333
    Thanked
    66
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by happygrl View Post
    Mocha sounds yum. I'll give that a go tomorrow - I'm only having one coffee a day at the moment.
    It was seriously amazing, I want another one already but fighting it. Don't want to swap obey addiction for another lol.

    Quote Originally Posted by shinebrite View Post
    Try having a glass of fresh veggie juice, I've read that if your meeting your nutritional requirements you won't feel hungry. Hard when your breastfeeding!!! I use coconut water to boost up my supply.
    Like Happygrl said, no juice unfortunately. I might try having a handful of nuts before bed to try and keep me going a little longer. And I DEFINITELY don't need to increase my supply. I am one of the fortunate ones who has an oversupply. It caused bad gas and happy rash for DS before I got it under control. Not to mention the leaking! I would have to change my shirt 3+ times a night lol.


    Sent from my GT-P1000 using BubHub

  2. #42
    Gothel's Avatar
    Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Stressame Street
    Posts
    6,515
    Thanks
    2,368
    Thanked
    2,113
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    That mocha sounds really good, I just added the ingredients to my shopping list!

    I am feeling much better today, feeling more positive and energetic, hard to know if its the diet or the fact that I got 10 hours sleep last night lol (kids have been sick and we were very short on sleep all week)

    anyone else nervous about the weekend??

  3. #43
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Gold Coast, QLD
    Posts
    370
    Thanks
    333
    Thanked
    66
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsTiggyWinkle View Post
    That mocha sounds really good, I just added the ingredients to my shopping list!

    I am feeling much better today, feeling more positive and energetic, hard to know if its the diet or the fact that I got 10 hours sleep last night lol (kids have been sick and we were very short on sleep all week)

    anyone else nervous about the weekend??
    Wow I am so jealous of your sleep lol. I just had another mocha, without the stevia this time and it was still really good. Not very sweet though. And if you use cows milk I'm sure you could make it with that.
    I am having a bad day again today, but i think it has more to do with PND than lack of sugar, unfortunately.
    My weekend is pretty much the same as my weekday so no nerves here. My life is boring!

    Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

  4. #44
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    60
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked
    6
    Reviews
    0
    I'm subbing in, as we as a family eat way too much sugar. I would love to reduce it, but not sure how to go about it. Hopefully I will get some motivation and tips from here!!

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to little miss messy For This Useful Post:

    Gothel  (06-07-2012)

  6. #45
    Gothel's Avatar
    Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Stressame Street
    Posts
    6,515
    Thanks
    2,368
    Thanked
    2,113
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alphabetsoup View Post
    Wow I am so jealous of your sleep lol. I just had another mocha, without the stevia this time and it was still really good. Not very sweet though. And if you use cows milk I'm sure you could make it with that.
    I am having a bad day again today, but i think it has more to do with PND than lack of sugar, unfortunately.
    My weekend is pretty much the same as my weekday so no nerves here. My life is boring!

    Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub
    Don't be jealous, I was up from midnight to 5am the night before cos dd1 had an earache poor thing. Thursday was hard cos usually I would sugar my way through the day, but I managed

    PND sucks doesn't it? If I'm on a diet its always the week before af that I fall off the wagon here grrrr!

    So it was still good without the stevia? They say you get past missing the sweetness but I can't say I've ever got to that point lol. I did do the groceries tonight and avoid the treat aisle completely

  7. #46
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Gold Coast, QLD
    Posts
    370
    Thanks
    333
    Thanked
    66
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsTiggyWinkle View Post
    Don't be jealous, I was up from midnight to 5am the night before cos dd1 had an earache poor thing. Thursday was hard cos usually I would sugar my way through the day, but I managed

    PND sucks doesn't it? If I'm on a diet its always the week before af that I fall off the wagon here grrrr!

    So it was still good without the stevia? They say you get past missing the sweetness but I can't say I've ever got to that point lol. I did do the groceries tonight and avoid the treat aisle completely
    Ouch, you definitely deserved the 10 hours sleep more!

    The first mocha I had was with stevia and it was so so so amazing. The second was without it and it was good. Nowhere near as good though.

    Well done skipping the treats aisle They say you should just shop the perimeter of the grocery store but I haven't gone that far yet, I still eat a small amount of processed food.

    Geez we have gone though a lot of fruit and veg this week! In 5 days we have gone through a normal fortnight's worth. That can only be good.

    I am going to do an official weigh in tomorrow, but as of yesterday I had lost 1.7 kg since starting this challenge on the 1st, woohoo!

    Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub
    Last edited by Alphabetsoup; 07-07-2012 at 17:21.

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alphabetsoup For This Useful Post:

    Gothel  (07-07-2012),OurLittleBlessing  (07-07-2012)

  9. #47
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Sunshine North
    Posts
    859
    Thanks
    64
    Thanked
    223
    Reviews
    5
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alphabetsoup View Post
    Ouch, you definitely deserved the 10 hours sleep more!

    The first mocha I had was with stevia and it was so so so amazing. The second was without it and it was good. Nowhere near as good though.

    Well done skipping the treats aisle They say you should just shop the perimeter of the grocery store but I haven't gone that far yet, I still eat a small amount of processed food.

    Geez we have gone though a lot of fruit and veg this week! In 5 days we have gone through a normal fortnight's worth. That can only be good.

    I am going to do an official weigh in tomorrow, but as of yesterday I had lost 1.7 kg since starting this challenge on the 1st, woohoo!

    Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub
    Ditto on the sleep.

    1.7kg is awesome. I don't have scales here but it doesn't feel like I've lost anything. Probably gained if anything. Because I've had this cold I haven't done any exercise for almost two weeks. Back into it tomorrow!

    Does anyone feel hungrier? The book says that our natural appetite control will kick in, but I'm getting really hungry - especially at night.

    I'm really reading labels carefully now. I bought tinned corn to make fritters with and the difference in sugar levels was unbelievable across the brands. From 1.5% to 12% or more. Just goes to show that it is hidden everywhere

  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to happygrl For This Useful Post:

    Gothel  (07-07-2012),OurLittleBlessing  (07-07-2012)

  11. #48
    Gothel's Avatar
    Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Stressame Street
    Posts
    6,515
    Thanks
    2,368
    Thanked
    2,113
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Alphabetsoup that's awesome, well done you, you must be so proud! and good on you re the fruit too! yes I've heard that about the supermarket, its scary hire they duck you into buying stuff. And yes its scary reading the labels too!

    Happygrl I don't think I've lost anything either, I'm not too worried though cos my primary aim ATM is to get off the sugar. No I'm not feeling hungrier but oh boy do I have more energy! I spring cleaned the entire house today and still feel like I have energy left!

    Eta Oh and dh made choc chip cookies and I didn't even have a crumb, and it wasn't hard! I always get weaker as time goes on though, so I'm not fooled by my apparent willpower :/
    Last edited by Gothel; 07-07-2012 at 21:09.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Gothel For This Useful Post:

    OurLittleBlessing  (07-07-2012)

  13. #49
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    3,532
    Thanks
    1,313
    Thanked
    1,390
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It is so encouraging reading about everyone's progress.

    Confession time for me.... I have been sugar free for 2 months, but on Friday decided to have some sweet chilli sauce with dinner... big mistake because I have had MASSIVE sugar cravings ever since (after not having any since about a week into the 2 months)... and I have given in a couple of times too. BOOOO.

    Just goes to show how addictive the stuff really is for me.

    It's interesting that I am also feeling quite emotional and a bit anxious when I had been feeling calm and even.

    No more sugar for me!!!!!

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to OurLittleBlessing For This Useful Post:

    Gothel  (07-07-2012)

  15. #50
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    3,532
    Thanks
    1,313
    Thanked
    1,390
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by little miss messy View Post
    I'm subbing in, as we as a family eat way too much sugar. I would love to reduce it, but not sure how to go about it. Hopefully I will get some motivation and tips from here!!



    Do it! You won't regret it at all.

    You can either cut down and taper off, or else go cold turkey.

    Cold turkey works better for me, because when I eat any sugar, I just want more, more, more. (see above post).

    I find it easiest to stick to whole foods (fruit, veg, meat etc), but then we have other things we don't eat in our family (gluten, dairy, additives).

    Good luck!


 

Similar Threads

  1. Sugar Free Diet?
    By SugarplumMummy in forum General Health
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-08-2012, 19:16
  2. Yeast free and sugar free recipes??
    By capri_12 in forum Recipes & Lunchbox Ideas
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-08-2012, 09:57
  3. Dairy free, grain free, sugar free
    By elleandsam in forum Recipes & Lunchbox Ideas
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 17-06-2012, 18:24

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
BAE The Label
Versatile, premium maternity wear that you will love throughout pregnancy and long after. Cleverly designed for for all stages of motherhood so that you can 'Just be you (+1)'.
sales & new stuffsee all
Bub Hub Sales Listing
HAVING A SALE? Let parents know about it with a Bub Hub Sales listing. Listings are featured on our well trafficked Sales Page + selected randomly to appear on EVERY page
featured supporter
Pea Pods Reusable Nappies
Pea Pods are the smart choice when it comes to choosing what's best for you, your baby and the environment. Affordable and simple to use, Pea Pods keep your baby dry & happy. Visit our website to find your nearest stockist or order online.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!