+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    DS and I only have one serve of sugar a week, though we do eat honey

When I eat sugar more often I crave it madly, this way I feel so much better and DS's behaviour is great. Then we just enjoy our one sweet treat a week

If anyone would like some sugar free recipes (though they do use a small amount of dates or honey for sweetness) let me know and I'll share

Thanks
    Reviews
    when would withdrawal start and end? in seriously addicted and was thinkin of going to Dr for help. i think about sweets when i wake uo. i just ate mousse for brekky!!! i need strength would love to do the challenge but can't see it happening

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Count me in also.. I ate so much junk over the weekend to wake to be healthy today. So far so good- no sugar wanted or needed

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's hard for me to say exactly how long withdrawal lasted for me because I stopped a few other things at the same time (gluten in particular), but I would guess around 1-2 weeks with the worst craving around days 2-4.

I don't have honey either, although my children do. The only sugar I have is 1-2 pieces of fruit/day.

Sugar is not your friend honestly... it may taste nice, but it is linked with so many health problems. Throughout history it has only been an ocassional treat, until recent times.

Sweet Poison is a very interesting read. If anyone is wondering how sugar can be so bad, they should find a copy of this book. There are lots of other resources too, but I thought Sweet Poison summed it up really well.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to OurLittleBlessing For This Useful Post:

dolphin01  (08-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh, I forgot to answer your quesiton... I have been sugar free approx 2-3 months now. It has become second nature now!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kim85 View Post
    when would withdrawal start and end? in seriously addicted and was thinkin of going to Dr for help. i think about sweets when i wake uo. i just ate mousse for brekky!!! i need strength would love to do the challenge but can't see it happening
    I find that if you can get through three days you're fine. After that the cravings will ease a lot... By the time a week has passed there's no sign of them

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CluckySC View Post
    I find that if you can get through three days you're fine. After that the cravings will ease a lot... By the time a week has passed there's no sign of them
    I totally agree! Just pick a time to start when you have some moral support, and take it a day at a time.

It's totally worth it.

Even if you just try it for a month and see if it works for you

Thanks
    Reviews
    We're another sugar free family. We're also gluten free and vegans. (We eat honey for medicinal purposes tho, but it's raw, organic and local)

Just a tip, if you google raw food desserts you will be able to have your cake and eat it too!!! You'd be amazed at what natural unrefined options there are!!!!

GOOD LUCK!! Sugar does NOT make up a part of our diets, you CAN function without it!!

---------
    Mummie to
    Lucy Alys (July '06)
    Minnie Audrey (July '09)
    Pippi Violet (oct '11)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to shinebrite For This Useful Post:

Gothel  (02-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    im gonna try!! after today though . will set my sights on one week first. will go look up that book too.
    !

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have a look through this awesome site too!! http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/201...e-crunch-bars/

---------
    Mummie to
    Lucy Alys (July '06)
    Minnie Audrey (July '09)
    Pippi Violet (oct '11)