+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Do obstetrician for $2000k-$3000k really exist???

I have a really sought after ob who charges $1500 management fee

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Bubhub Blogger

Default Re: Do obstetrician for $2000k-$3000k really exist???

Brisbane Dr Alex Alexander

Spent from my dome. Excuse autocorrect

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SummerFun View Post
    I have been wondering the same thing! Can anybody recommend good OBs in Melbourne? And can you share approx costs? We're in Doreen, I don't even know local hospitals as we only moved to VIC recently.. TIA
    Hi SummerFun

I'm in Doreen and having this baby at Northpark Private with Dr Steve Hatzikostas. I've listed the costs below not including refund from Medicare.

Initial Visit $220.00 including ultrasound or $180.00 not including ultrasound
    Each Antenatal Visit $90.00
    Twenty Week Antenatal Visit - Planning and Management of Pregnancy $1,800.00
    Thirty Week Antenatal Visit - Co Payment Fee $800.00
    NT Scan done at Northern Ultrasound for Woman was $240.00
    20 Week Ultrasound (can't remember the name for this) done at Northern Ultrasound for Woman was $300.00

If you want to go Public then I would suggest the Mercy at Heidleberg but you need to book early as they book out quickly. I've heard really good reports about the Mercy.

Good Luck

Thanks
    Reviews

My OB in Malvern has a management fee of $2500, $120 initial visit ($104 back from Medicare) and $60 each visit ($40 back from Medicare). He is an amazing OB and books out extremely fast.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Wow, I'm shocked at how much some people are paying!!! I think my Ob was less than $2000 from memory, and I thought that was a huge waste of money, so am going public this time and not spending a cent.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just recently lost twin babies at 14 weeks. As it was early in my pregnancy and we are moving interstate in the next month I was just seeing my GP regularly and she had arranged my ultrsounds and tests for me. I have top PHI but didn't see the point in paying the consult fees for an OB until we move. When i started experiencing problems with my pregnancy I was referred to the Early Pregnancy Assessment Unit at the local public hospital which has a very good reputation. Although the staff were good, I found the public system to be very impersonal and I kept having to repeat my story to every sonogrpher, midwife, doctor and consultant on staff. The staff were obviously overworked as well and as a result the service was very indifferent and when it became clear we had lost both babies I was informed with no level of compassion that 'the products of conception are no longer viable'. I had to have a d&c and found that experience traumatic enough without having to deal with a system that isn't designed to assist patients with their emotional needs at traumatic (although non life threatening) times. Having had this experience I would pay everything I had to go private with an OB who treats me as person in my next pregnancy. I know it feels like a rip off when PHI already costs a bomb but after this experience I think it is worth paying every penny to ensure I won't be treated as another number in the public system.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I paid $185 a visit with my ob 9 years ago. I got a bit back on Medicare too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm curious too!

So far I've booked to see 2 OBs that operate at North Shore Private and both charge $4900+!

Are there any OBs in Sydney that cost less? The receptionist at one of the OBs offices said that is the usual price for OBs at NSP.. is this true?

Please PM me if it can't be discussed on here. I would love recs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My Ob was something of a miracle it seems.

Initial consultation $155, monthly consultation $55 (claimable on medicare). That's it. NO management fee.

He delivered at Cairns Private Hosptial.

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi, i rang a dr's office and i got a quote for 270 initial consultation and 4500managementnfee.
    i am looking for cheaper option in melbourne (doesnt have to be around cbd as long as convenient to go by public transport)
    can anyone pm me for a more affordable dr? i want female dr too.

i also have a question about medicare safety net, i read that once we hit safety net, we get 80%of the rest out of pocket, is it still the same? if it is, do i need separate bill from dr just to get me over safety net, and the rest of the bill can then get higher rebate? or can i just pay in one lump sum and medicare will be the one calculating the 'excess' over safety net.
    eg if safety net is 1000$, can i pay in one bill $4500 to benefit from it or do i need to pay $1000 then $3500.

sorry if my question has been answered in other post but i would like a link to that if u dont mind

thanks A lot