Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I was out of pocket $900 with mine.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    All in all, I will be out of pocket about $2000, plus maybe a couple of hundred extra for scans (12 week and 20 week) and the $250 PHI excess.

That includes $60 per visit, was more for the first one but i can't remember how much, and a $2000 fee payable at 24 weeks. I hit the Safety net with that payment so I think I got back around $470.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm in Perth but my mgmnt fee was $2100 with $400 back from medicare
    All up though I was out of pocket $5k with his appts being $90 per visit, scans & some owing to hospital at end
    i had a brilliant Ob and have top health cover

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm in Perth too. I paid $2000 mgt fee and $100 per appointment. Got $400 back from Medicare, but this then put me over the threshold so for every appointment after 36 weeks ( which is when I had to pay the mgt fee) I got 80% back. I've got top private health cover but this only covers you once you are in hospital.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I started out seeing an OB in Melbourne, who delivers out of Epworth, had I have continued to see him the gap was going to be $4500.

We decided to move back to Adelaide to be closer to family, & my gap was $2500, for an OB who delivers out of ashford, burnside & Calvary.

My OB here was brilliant! & the difference in the fees between the two OBs paid for our removalists!

I knew Adelaide would prob be cheaper, but that's a lot bigger difference than I'd have expected....!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sycx View Post
    All in all, I will be out of pocket about $2000, plus maybe a couple of hundred extra for scans (12 week and 20 week) and the $250 PHI excess.

That includes $60 per visit, was more for the first one but i can't remember how much, and a $2000 fee payable at 24 weeks. I hit the Safety net with that payment so I think I got back around $470.

whos your obstretrician?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi mel87. I've tried to PM you, but can't seem to for some reason. I'm not sure what's kosher/what the etiquette is about posting Dr's names on forums etc. I'm seeing one of the female obs out at Knox/Mitcham (I'm having bub at Mitcham). Feel free to send me a PM or leave me an email address and I can get back to you with more details if you want

Thanks
    Reviews
    My Ob seems to be quite popular at the SAN in Sydney and have only ever heard good things about him. His management fee is $2200 and visits are $80. The only other out of pocket costs are PHI excess ($300) and anaesthetist if one is required. Have to say I was quite happily surprised when I first heard his fees, it was a LOT cheaper than I was expecting (had friends at North Shore Private pay $5k+)!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My GP gave me the names of 3 obstetricians in Melbourne and I rang all of them on Friday and they are all around $6000 out of pocket! I was shocked by how much they charge - this is my first baby. May I ask how you other ladies have found cheaper obs? Did you have to ring every one and ask what their fees were?
    I can't believe that we pay so much in private health insurance premiums but will still have to fork out so much money just to give birth. We need so many other things (pram, cot etc) that I am starting to worry about how we will afford all of this.

earthfairy is offline Winner 2009 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    In Antarctica for 12 months.... I mean Tassie!!!!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    My OB for DD2 was over $5k.... and she didnt even deliver my baby