+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 56 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by akakura View Post
    Hi girls

I thought I would pop in and offer my support to you all. I'm a little shocked with what has happened in the ttc thread. I was in the April ttc thread and got such great cheers and support when i got my bfp. i think mayb because the ttc threads have gone to 2 months long that it might have seemed that there was a lot more bfps happening and it got a little overwhelming for those not so lucky?!

Well we started a pre-DIG anyway too, but it just kinda happened naturally we didnt get the boot! Technically I am still pre-DIG coz I havent had the nerve to join one yet! I've been off BH for awhile, just stalking not posting. i'm 14 weeks today and only now finally just starting to feel normal. My morning sickness didnt start until 6 1/2 weeks and then it would come and go so I would freakout when i felt good and then feel horrible when i had symptoms! I know exactly what u guys are going to go thru so if i can offer advice please ask!

now spotting: I had spotting in week 7 for 5 days and then again at 8 1/2 weeks for 2 days. its not nice, but it does happen to some of us unfortunately. as long as its not like full period flow u are probably fine. This is a medical journal article that studied early pregnancy in women for 8 years and found that spotting and light bleeding did NOT increase chance of mc, it's the same as for women who dont bleed or spot.
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2828396/
    as i am a former research scientist I find reading proper medical studies reassuring.

Try not to stress too much ladies! i think it is totally natural to worry considering what we've already been thru to get here. take advantage of all the wonderful BH girls here for support!
    Thanks for such a helpful post...I am trying not to worry until I either have severe pain or heavy red bleeding. I know my numbers from last week were great so I shall look positively to our scan on Thursday. How great that u r up to 14 weeks already - yaaay!xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by AmyEL View Post
    Hi girls... I was a little bit shocked about what happened to other thread, I thought we where all supporting each other no matter what... But oh well such is life... Ive been hanging back taking it all in so far... But thought I would say a quick hi!

I had BT on Thursday & HGC was up to 5835 from 366 the week before so was stoked with that... Next test this Thursday then scan the week after... Still very nervous waiting for that, everything is crossed it is all good.

Anyway GL girls XXXX
    Hey Amy great BT results hun, you must be exactly one week behind me - good luck with BT number 3 on Thursday - only 4 more sleeps : )

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Girl X View Post
    Sel - Wow - that would be hard not to tell! I've told pretty much all close friends and family, as they knew we were doing the IVF, so not much I could keep secret there. Plus I wouldn't have been able to help myself! Let us know how you go tomorrow!

SL - Spending a day relaxing sounds like a perfect idea!

Amy - Hello! That's great news about your BT. Which day is your scan?

Akakura - Hello I remember your user name, as I am such a Japan fan! Congratulations on the 14 week point! Did you have your 13 week scan? That all seems so far away at the moment!

Tootyfruity - Hope you feel better soon!

AFM - Had DD's 2nd birthday party yesterday. It was such a lovely day, but I really struggled. All the food smells, and drink smells... I did even have a little puke, but not a 'proper' one (if that makes sense). The only thing about MS is that I'm never ever sick in real life, and on the odd occasions I am then I always feel like I'm going to cry first. So every time I get nauseous now, I get teary! I am the biggest sooky sick person EVER!!! Will have to get used to this, as I didn't have it that bad when I was pregnant with DD. Must mean this one is a boy...

My MIL (who is a midwife) was telling me stories of women at their hospital who had one embryo implanted and then had identical twins!!!! So of course I had a dream last night that the scan showed 2 babies...

Bring on Friday and the scan!
    Glad u had a great party with your little lady - I am so teary too when I'm sick, but no MS for me so far - not sure how I feel about that!!! Good luck with it and hope it passes soon. Identical twins totally can happen with one embryo - thats how natural identical twins come about, funny that you had a dream about it!! Good luck for Friday xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi GirlX,

Our scan isn't till 7th week so should be 12th July... But will ask if it can be on 10th as DH is away from 11th & being our first really want him there.

Not a lot of symptoms yet, just very tired in the arvo... Fingers crossed I escape MS!

Xx
    I'm the same Amy no MS for me yet but very sleepy, especially in the afternoons x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Just a quick hi I'll be back tomorrow night to catch up on everyone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by tootyfruity View Post
    I'm sicker than a very sick thing - DH had to call the doctor out. Turns out its some nasty virus which can't really be treated so I'm just feeling sorry for myself and panicking that I'm creating a toxic environment for my little embryos.

All I can do is keep taking the Panadol and hope I can join you in here after my blood test on 11th July.
    Oh no tootyfruity, that sounds like a terrible time for you at the moment, on top of a tww. Fingers crossed we get to see you in here with us soon, take it easy and rest up as much as you can. It is perfect weather for doing so as well!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Razzy Bear For This Useful Post:

tootyfruity  (02-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls... I was a little bit shocked about what happened to other thread, I thought we where all supporting each other no matter what... But oh well such is life... Ive been hanging back taking it all in so far... But thought I would say a quick hi!

I had BT on Thursday & HGC was up to 5835 from 366 the week before so was stoked with that... Next test this Thursday then scan the week after... Still very nervous waiting for that, everything is crossed it is all good.

Anyway GL girls XXXX
    Hi Amy - there are great numbers from your BT's, congrats! You must be relieved with that part. Step by step isn't it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, I've been missing over the weekend, much harder to reply on the phone and keep track of everyone.

GirlX - we are all entitled to our cries and I agree with Sel, I think there is a lot more worry for us that have gone through IVF than those who have fallen naturally. You vent to us when you need to!

Sel - when is your first scan?

SL - how are you going with the spotting since Friday? I had some on Sat but none since but have decided to take your approach that I saw you respond with about not worrying unless it gets heavy and painful. The less stress, the better at the moment for us all I think!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Razzy Bear For This Useful Post:

Guest654  (02-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by akakura View Post
    Hi girls

I thought I would pop in and offer my support to you all. I'm a little shocked with what has happened in the ttc thread. I was in the April ttc thread and got such great cheers and support when i got my bfp. i think mayb because the ttc threads have gone to 2 months long that it might have seemed that there was a lot more bfps happening and it got a little overwhelming for those not so lucky?!

Well we started a pre-DIG anyway too, but it just kinda happened naturally we didnt get the boot! Technically I am still pre-DIG coz I havent had the nerve to join one yet! I've been off BH for awhile, just stalking not posting. i'm 14 weeks today and only now finally just starting to feel normal. My morning sickness didnt start until 6 1/2 weeks and then it would come and go so I would freakout when i felt good and then feel horrible when i had symptoms! I know exactly what u guys are going to go thru so if i can offer advice please ask!

now spotting: I had spotting in week 7 for 5 days and then again at 8 1/2 weeks for 2 days. its not nice, but it does happen to some of us unfortunately. as long as its not like full period flow u are probably fine. This is a medical journal article that studied early pregnancy in women for 8 years and found that spotting and light bleeding did NOT increase chance of mc, it's the same as for women who dont bleed or spot.
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2828396/
    as i am a former research scientist I find reading proper medical studies reassuring.

Try not to stress too much ladies! i think it is totally natural to worry considering what we've already been thru to get here. take advantage of all the wonderful BH girls here for support!
    Thanks for the post akakura, I'm sure we are all going to take up your offer to ask questions that's for sure!

That article was a great read and did help to reassure me that spotting doesn't always mean the worst.

Hope you are feeling well, 14 weeks now, that is great news

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Razzy Bear For This Useful Post:

SelM22  (02-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Meshell23 View Post
    GoodLuck selm22

My bloated belly from IVF has finally gone back to normal so I am enjoying flat belly for hopefully a few more weeks. I have been slack with gym so not as toned at present. Freakin about not fitting into my clothes when the time comes.
    That's good so now you know when you get bigger it'll be all bubba : )