+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 56 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by tootyfruity View Post
    I'm sicker than a very sick thing - DH had to call the doctor out. Turns out its some nasty virus which can't really be treated so I'm just feeling sorry for myself and panicking that I'm creating a toxic environment for my little embryos.

All I can do is keep taking the Panadol and hope I can join you in here after my blood test on 11th July.

Oh tooty thats no good. You look after yourself.
    I do know how you feel in terms of the creating an environment thing, my last cycle I had fluid in my uterus, so there was talk of doing a freeze all if it stayed there, but thankfully it went.
    Everything is crossed for you. Damn viruses!
    xx

2. The Following User Says Thank You to SelM22 For This Useful Post:

tootyfruity  (01-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SelM22 View Post
    Hey SL
    Im not sure really. I had the one micro sized clot, but nothing else. But I know of people who have spotted and even bled throughout quite a lot of their pregnancies. All I can say is the levels you have are awesome and only the scan will tell apart from the levels! You may just be going to be one of the people who spots on and off!

Hang in there!

And girlx your friend having conceived naturally - I think that explains everything. The process is very different when more of the "natural" is taken out of it and its all about medical milestones, well thats what I think anyway. Things other people say can hurt a lot, I just take a breath and try and ignore them

You hang in there too!

Really its all about a tww, then 3ww, then 4ww, isnt it!

AFM today, my parents are here and we havent told them yet, so its a bit tricky. Im so tired and my back is hurting a bit - across my braline really. And I have the occassional sharp-ish twinge etc. And the nausea on and off, but just ignoring it as much as I can.

Feeling better after the bloods on friday, will see what monday holds with the GP and then go crazy for the 10 days before first scan.

Take care girls.

xx
    Thanks Hun I'm trying to be positive, my cramping is actually a little worse but spotting is now brown (sorry tmi) and not much so I will try to hang in there - only 4 more sleeps until first scan. I've decided not to do anything today and am in bed with my feet up!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm sicker than a very sick thing - DH had to call the doctor out. Turns out its some nasty virus which can't really be treated so I'm just feeling sorry for myself and panicking that I'm creating a toxic environment for my little embryos.

All I can do is keep taking the Panadol and hope I can join you in here after my blood test on 11th July.
    Oh you poor thing, I hope you feel better really really soon xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi girls

I thought I would pop in and offer my support to you all. I'm a little shocked with what has happened in the ttc thread. I was in the April ttc thread and got such great cheers and support when i got my bfp. i think mayb because the ttc threads have gone to 2 months long that it might have seemed that there was a lot more bfps happening and it got a little overwhelming for those not so lucky?!

Well we started a pre-DIG anyway too, but it just kinda happened naturally we didnt get the boot! Technically I am still pre-DIG coz I havent had the nerve to join one yet! I've been off BH for awhile, just stalking not posting. i'm 14 weeks today and only now finally just starting to feel normal. My morning sickness didnt start until 6 1/2 weeks and then it would come and go so I would freakout when i felt good and then feel horrible when i had symptoms! I know exactly what u guys are going to go thru so if i can offer advice please ask!

now spotting: I had spotting in week 7 for 5 days and then again at 8 1/2 weeks for 2 days. its not nice, but it does happen to some of us unfortunately. as long as its not like full period flow u are probably fine. This is a medical journal article that studied early pregnancy in women for 8 years and found that spotting and light bleeding did NOT increase chance of mc, it's the same as for women who dont bleed or spot.
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2828396/
    as i am a former research scientist I find reading proper medical studies reassuring.

Try not to stress too much ladies! i think it is totally natural to worry considering what we've already been thru to get here. take advantage of all the wonderful BH girls here for support!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to akakura For This Useful Post:

Guest654  (01-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls... I was a little bit shocked about what happened to other thread, I thought we where all supporting each other no matter what... But oh well such is life... Ive been hanging back taking it all in so far... But thought I would say a quick hi!

I had BT on Thursday & HGC was up to 5835 from 366 the week before so was stoked with that... Next test this Thursday then scan the week after... Still very nervous waiting for that, everything is crossed it is all good.

Anyway GL girls XXXX

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Sel - Wow - that would be hard not to tell! I've told pretty much all close friends and family, as they knew we were doing the IVF, so not much I could keep secret there. Plus I wouldn't have been able to help myself! Let us know how you go tomorrow!

SL - Spending a day relaxing sounds like a perfect idea!

Amy - Hello! That's great news about your BT. Which day is your scan?

Akakura - Hello I remember your user name, as I am such a Japan fan! Congratulations on the 14 week point! Did you have your 13 week scan? That all seems so far away at the moment!

Tootyfruity - Hope you feel better soon!

AFM - Had DD's 2nd birthday party yesterday. It was such a lovely day, but I really struggled. All the food smells, and drink smells... I did even have a little puke, but not a 'proper' one (if that makes sense). The only thing about MS is that I'm never ever sick in real life, and on the odd occasions I am then I always feel like I'm going to cry first. So every time I get nauseous now, I get teary! I am the biggest sooky sick person EVER!!! Will have to get used to this, as I didn't have it that bad when I was pregnant with DD. Must mean this one is a boy...

My MIL (who is a midwife) was telling me stories of women at their hospital who had one embryo implanted and then had identical twins!!!! So of course I had a dream last night that the scan showed 2 babies...

Bring on Friday and the scan!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Guest654 For This Useful Post:

tootyfruity  (01-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi GirlX,

Our scan isn't till 7th week so should be 12th July... But will ask if it can be on 10th as DH is away from 11th & being our first really want him there.

Not a lot of symptoms yet, just very tired in the arvo... Fingers crossed I escape MS!

Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Sel and GirlX. Feeling *slightly* better today so hopefully I am turning a corner. At least it stopped me obsessing over the TWW for a few days!

How's this for a story - my friend had IVF in 2010 and had one embryo put back. She gave birth to girl/boy twins last year! They think one must have been natural and one IVF, how's that for a chance in a million?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AmyEL View Post
    Hi GirlX,

Our scan isn't till 7th week so should be 12th July... But will ask if it can be on 10th as DH is away from 11th & being our first really want him there.

Not a lot of symptoms yet, just very tired in the arvo... Fingers crossed I escape MS!

Xx
    Hopefully you escape the MS then! I hear you on the tiredness... Good luck for your scan!

Thanks Sel and GirlX. Feeling *slightly* better today so hopefully I am turning a corner. At least it stopped me obsessing over the TWW for a few days!

How's this for a story - my friend had IVF in 2010 and had one embryo put back. She gave birth to girl/boy twins last year! They think one must have been natural and one IVF, how's that for a chance in a million?
    Wow! My midwife told me a story like that recently too! So, they'd left one behind after doing EPU, which had fertilised naturally. We have zero chance of that happening, as we 'abstained' throughout that time of the IVF treatment!

Thanks
    Reviews
    That must be what happened! My friend reckons they did not see a lot of action around that time either but there must have been at least one "romantic" event I have also heard that if an embryo splits incredibly early you can end up with girl/boy twins but I'm not sure if that's true - equally strange and a million to one shot if so though!