+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 56 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Sariele - please stalk away, Ive been wondering about you a lot! Hows the move been?

Thanks for the support ladies.
    I am devo as you can imagine, but also saying a few important things over and over to myself...we learnt more this time, we know we can get pregnant, one step at a time, our "prognosis" is still good. We are definitely with the right doc and the right clinic. This is all a science experiment and we are eliminating the variables...
    Of course that is all balanced with the anger, the tears and the f words. I find all of those things very therapeutic.
    And there are and will continue to be days when I dont want to be on this rollercoaster anymore and when people really wont want to be around me, but all of you girls make this more bearable.

Now - for the news today. My HCG is still doubling within range, still low, but...so we are booked for another scan, just on the off chance that the small cells in one of the sacs is something. So the miscarriage remains elusive and we got into another week of not knowing WTF is going on. I am not hopeful for us, but do believe GirlX that there is some chance for you. But we are both also realists.

You other girls stay strong and keep willing those beans along, as Meshell said, time for you all to have stern talkings to them. I am with my part possibility, as remote as it is.

xx

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SelM22 For This Useful Post:

Guest654  (12-07-2012),Nicsta83  (12-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachael3 View Post
    Sel you are amazing after everything you are going through. I truly hope the next cycle is it for you and Girl X. I will share the info with DH. I'm just so gutted by both of your news feels like each one of us are going through it with you. Hope the days go fast so you are back on track with hope again. Until then take care of yourself.

Just had the call from the nurse and I am definitely UTD Went straight to DH's work to share the news.

My levels are at 10dp5dt:
    HCG: 321
    Progesterone: 400

Nurse said to stop Crinone from now. She also said levels don't indicate how many babies, only the scan does. I asked for another BT next Thurs just to be sure we're on track.

Scan booked in 31st July, nice and early @ 8am.

I wanted to hold off on telling parents and brothers until after the scan but DH can't wait so we are telling them together this Sunday...hope this is the wise thing to do, I'm just so nervous but either way at least they will be there for us be because we have come this far alone.
    They are good solid levels! Nice work.
    xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SelM22 View Post
    Sariele - please stalk away, Ive been wondering about you a lot! Hows the move been?
    Thank you! I feel a kind of attachment to this group since I would have been in here if our cycle had worked. Seems a bit silly, but whatever. The move has been all good so far, thanks for asking.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Sariele For This Useful Post:

Nicsta83  (12-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Girlx I'm so sorry you didn't get better news today, you must be so shaken up. But I do believe there is still hope and I am crossing everything for you.

Sel that is interesting news re your HCG, I hope with all my heart you get a little miracle.

Rachael congratulations on your confirmed BFP!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to tootyfruity For This Useful Post:

Guest654  (12-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Thank you, everyone, for all your kind words.

Sometimes life just sucks. Seeing DH upset is the worst part. I hope we know for sure what happens at the scan next week (if we make it that far). There seems to have been a lot of waiting around for increasingly bad news.

Rachael - those are good levels! Sounds positive.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Girl X View Post
    Bad news for us this morning.

We saw the heartbeat, and at first we thought everything was okay, and we got so excited. I even cried with happiness.

Then he took the measurements and the heartrate is only 80, and it's measuring 6 weeks instead of just over 7.

He said that in all probability I will miscarry this week, and to see him next week - at which point I will have either miscarried, or the baby will have died and they will do a curette. He said it would be extremely unlikely for things to turn out okay.

We're devastated. I can't believe that I have a baby inside me with a beating heart, and he's just told me it will die.

I don't know what we did wrong in our lives to warrant this whole TTC/ miscarriage nightmare, but I feel like we had a glimmer of light and then it's back into the black hole. I know that's not rational, and I know we will be okay, but I just feel so upset and angry right now. It seems so unfair.

Hope everyone else is doing much better.
    Oh Girl X I am so sorry to hear this news I have been thinking of you all day. Take the time out for you and DH to re group it is SUCH a difficult journey and proof that all BFPs don't end up the way we all dreamed - makes me want to go back into that other thread!!!! Anyway sweetie I'm sending so much love and hugs to you xxxxxx

10. The Following User Says Thank You to SL1009 For This Useful Post:

Guest654  (12-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Rachael - yes this news is kind of expected with IVF but not really more so that with natural conception. The risk of miscarriage is a little higher, but they are very common in life generally. With IVF it seems to happen more because people doing IVF have conception issues and we know things earlier than people who can conceive normally.

But remember not everyone will go through these things.

Lots of info says miscarriage rates are between 15-25 per cent per cycle, so the reality is that somewhere around 1 in 4 or 1 in 5 of us will be that unlucky one each cycle. Next cycle the odds are around the same.

Hang in there love. Hopefully you will be the majority and not the minority.

As for my case, we have a major issue with DH's sperm and my age is starting to be a factor but our FS gives us the same chance as any couple with the female partner my age (one in three chance of success per cycle), IVF is a numbers game, a terrible, emotional numbers game.

I hope that you are one of the lucky one's this cycle.

I need to believe that we will be that couple in a cycle soon - hopefully even the next cycle. We will be going down the path of preimplantation genetic screening on the next cycle now, just because it might tell us more about abnormal issues with our embryos - which look fine at day 5.

xx
    Sel it is such a hard process but great to see you moving onwards to what you have to do next. One of my colleagues was trying for years and years with IVF she did pre genetic testing for the first time last cycle and she now has a baby girl that was born in Feb so some great stuff can come out of that testing even though you deal with the extra stress emotionally and financially. I truly hope that your little miracle comes soon xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Meshell23 View Post
    SelM and GirlX
    I am so teribly sorry for the news you have both received today I am sitting at my computer in tears scrolling through the pages wondering how life can be so cruel.

GirlX sit yourself somewhere quite and give your belly a rub and give that baby its very first stern mother talk and tell it not to give up
    My first scan was at 6 weeks and baby HB was 99BPM I was told this was too low and I would miscarry. A week later HB was at 140BPM and I was told it was a beautiful strong heartbeat. So much can happen maybe this one is just a little slow to start with? I'll pray and hope for the best for you x
    Oh my gosh I hope this happens to Girl X too....

13. The Following User Says Thank You to SL1009 For This Useful Post:

Guest654  (12-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachael3 View Post
    Sel you are amazing after everything you are going through. I truly hope the next cycle is it for you and Girl X. I will share the info with DH. I'm just so gutted by both of your news feels like each one of us are going through it with you. Hope the days go fast so you are back on track with hope again. Until then take care of yourself.

Just had the call from the nurse and I am definitely UTD Went straight to DH's work to share the news.

My levels are at 10dp5dt:
    HCG: 321
    Progesterone: 400

Nurse said to stop Crinone from now. She also said levels don't indicate how many babies, only the scan does. I asked for another BT next Thurs just to be sure we're on track.

Scan booked in 31st July, nice and early @ 8am.

I wanted to hold off on telling parents and brothers until after the scan but DH can't wait so we are telling them together this Sunday...hope this is the wise thing to do, I'm just so nervous but either way at least they will be there for us be because we have come this far alone.
    Hi Rachael

I certainly believe that it is a good thing for family to know whats going on because then you can discuss it etc. My parents know everything, DHs parents know to a point but don't really understand, my auntie and my two sister in laws know plus one or two very close friends. Even though they know our journey and ask about it we have told them and will continue telling them so far so good until we get to 13 weeks to make the announcement as it were. I have also found that their love and prayers are great but if they haven't gone through it they can be very naive...one of my sister in laws went through IVF a couple of times (was unsuccessful but ended up having 2 children naturally later on) and so she knows the process and it more heavily involved in our progress - not sure why I just typed an essay then!!! Sorry!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks for the support ladies.
    I am devo as you can imagine, but also saying a few important things over and over to myself...we learnt more this time, we know we can get pregnant, one step at a time, our "prognosis" is still good. We are definitely with the right doc and the right clinic. This is all a science experiment and we are eliminating the variables...
    Of course that is all balanced with the anger, the tears and the f words. I find all of those things very therapeutic.
    And there are and will continue to be days when I dont want to be on this rollercoaster anymore and when people really wont want to be around me, but all of you girls make this more bearable.

Now - for the news today. My HCG is still doubling within range, still low, but...so we are booked for another scan, just on the off chance that the small cells in one of the sacs is something. So the miscarriage remains elusive and we got into another week of not knowing WTF is going on. I am not hopeful for us, but do believe GirlX that there is some chance for you. But we are both also realists.

You other girls stay strong and keep willing those beans along, as Meshell said, time for you all to have stern talkings to them. I am with my part possibility, as remote as it is.

xx
    You are amazing and very interesting to hear your BT results - I hope this next week flies for you x