+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 56 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    DH and I just got back from our first post-BFP appointment with FS. We discussed symptoms and medication, hospitals etc. He said that all my symptoms were normal and that my hormone levels were fantastic so we're doing well! He was great and so understanding about us wanting more ultrasounds so we have referrals to have 2 more before NT scan then that one plus one at 16 weeks as well as one at 20! Phew! He also said that there is still risk obviously until 13 weeks but he said it does drop dramatically after 8 weeks which is good to know!

How many other Melbourne mum's to be are there and have you chosen your hospital yet??

Hope all is going well for everyone this Friday - looking forward to a sleepy night in with thai take away and track suit pants : )

Oh and I got a bounty bag!!!!! Yeh yeh!!!

X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Girl X View Post
    Thank you everyone - that means a lot.

I just keep feeling like I knew it was too good to be true.

I'm now madly googling all the scenarios where people have had no heartbeat at that point and things have turned out okay.

The weird thing was that he calculated the due date differently (Feb 27th instead of 24th - which the midwife had told me). So that means I am 6 weeks and 2 days rather than 6 weeks and 5 days.

I don't understand how that could be right, when Amy had the same due date as me (24th) and we had ET on the same day. I'm confused!

I'm sure he also said something like "Okay we did ET on the 9th June, so assuming it happened 4 or 5 days before that, then you'll be around Feb 27th. And that makes you 6 weeks and 3 days." (Not 6 weeks 2 days, which the online calculators tell me).

So maybe that has something to do with it? I don't know. The worst part is that my nausea got better a few days ago, and so of course I'm now thinking that means the baby stopped growing then.

Sorry for the 'me' posts today. Hope everyone else is doing much better!
    Sorry to jump in but I'm a stalker in this thread and just read your post re: scan.....I wanted to tell you please don't worry yet! My friend, who also recently went through IVF had her first scan 6 and a half weeks and the Dr also didn't see a heartbeat. She was devastated and I was scared for her, so I googled as much as possible. What I found is that most heartbeats aren't seen until 7 or 8 weeks! She went back a week and a half later and there it was, a beautiful strong heart beat! And her pregnancy is going strong! She is now 17 weeks. It had just been too early at 6 1/2 weeks.

And, I've been told that for a lot of women early preg symptoms come and go....I am 6 weeks today and have just about nothing to show for it except some mild cramping at night, slightly sore boobs in the morning (which goes away by lunch time) and thats it...

My fingers are crossed for you that when you go back next week you see some beautiful beating!

I think when you've gone through this process and get a BFP it always seems like it's too good to be true. I was shocked to get mine. My first scan is Tuesday 17th, and of course, I'm not feeling overly positive about it - it's a daily battle for me to try and stay hopeful. My friend who is 17 weeks said that she can only start to relax and accept that she really is pregnant, now.

Take care Girl X - what a rotten journey but I still feel hopeful for you!

PS - My little 6 week treasure is taking a fancy to keeping me awake at night and not letting me sleep properly!
    Last edited by Renvind; 07-07-2012 at 05:02.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Renvind For This Useful Post:

Guest654  (07-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Renvind View Post
    Sorry to jump in but I'm a stalker in this thread and just read your post re: scan.....I wanted to tell you please don't worry yet! My friend, who also recently went through IVF had her first scan 6 and a half weeks and the Dr also didn't see a heartbeat. She was devastated and I was scared for her, so I googled as much as possible. What I found is that most heartbeats aren't seen until 7 or 8 weeks! She went back a week and a half later and there it was, a beautiful strong heart beat! And her pregnancy is going strong! She is now 17 weeks. It had just been too early at 6 1/2 weeks.

And, I've been told that for a lot of women early preg symptoms come and go....I am 6 weeks today and have just about nothing to show for it except some mild cramping at night, slightly sore boobs in the morning (which goes away by lunch time) and thats it...

My fingers are crossed for you that when you go back next week you see some beautiful beating!

I think when you've gone through this process and get a BFP it always seems like it's too good to be true. I was shocked to get mine. My first scan is Tuesday 17th, and of course, I'm not feeling overly positive about it - it's a daily battle for me to try and stay hopeful. My friend who is 17 weeks said that she can only start to relax and accept that she really is pregnant, now.

Take care Girl X - what a rotten journey but I still feel hopeful for you!

PS - My little 6 week treasure is taking a fancy to keeping me awake at night and not letting me sleep properly!
    Renvind - Thank you so much! It definitely helps to hear stories like that, and it gives me hope. I hope the next 10 days pass quickly for you, so that you can have that scan, and that you have a great result! Thanks again.

SL - Great news on the hormone levels and that your FS was so understanding about the extra scans too!

I've been feeling more nauseous today. Never been so delighted to feel sick, even though I know it doesn't prove anything either way! Hope everyone else is having a nice weekend.

Thanks
    Reviews
    GirlX sorry you had such a shock at the scan. I agree with everyone else it's probably just too early for a heartbeat. It sounds like you are starting to feel a wee bit more positive, hang in there!

SL good news about your extra scans, I'm the sort of person that would have a scan every day if I could!

kmvw your HCG results sound great and how nice the baby s due on your Mum's birthday.

AFM, I'm hoping you'll let me join you girls. I POAS (more than once!) and got a and I also went for a sneaky blood test via my GP as my clinic won't see me before Tuesday. At 13DPO my HCG was 160 - the median is 63 - so I am feeling really hopeful that I may have a sticky baby (or two!) in there.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to tootyfruity For This Useful Post:

Guest654  (08-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay Tootyfruity! Congratulations!!!!!! Was hoping to see you on here

How is everyone?
    Im feeling ok.. MS sux big time.. I haven't actually been sick yet, but all day nausea. I also have a cold, so my tummy is sore from coughing and blowing my nose (sorry.. tmi!) and my little man was up all night with an awful cough.

I have my second BT on monday.. soooo nervous and praying those numbers have gone up quite a bit!
    I think every step is an anxious wait hey!

Hope you are all having an awesome weekend!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to adden For This Useful Post:

tootyfruity  (07-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by tootyfruity View Post
    GirlX sorry you had such a shock at the scan. I agree with everyone else it's probably just too early for a heartbeat. It sounds like you are starting to feel a wee bit more positive, hang in there!

SL good news about your extra scans, I'm the sort of person that would have a scan every day if I could!

kmvw your HCG results sound great and how nice the baby s due on your Mum's birthday.

AFM, I'm hoping you'll let me join you girls. I POAS (more than once!) and got a and I also went for a sneaky blood test via my GP as my clinic won't see me before Tuesday. At 13DPO my HCG was 160 - the median is 63 - so I am feeling really hopeful that I may have a sticky baby (or two!) in there.
    Congrats tooty and welcome : ) xx

10. The Following User Says Thank You to SL1009 For This Useful Post:

tootyfruity  (08-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Tooty - Congratulations! Glad you're here.

Adden - Hope all goes well for you tomorrow. Keep us posted!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Guest654 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats Tooty!

Goodluck tomorrow Adden

Hope you're going well GirlX, and not reading Dr Google too much... Hangin there and keep busy X

I have 2 more sleeps till scan, starting to get very nervous about it, everything just seems too good to be true... Everything is ok

To everyone! XXXX

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AmyEL For This Useful Post:

Guest654  (08-07-2012),tootyfruity  (08-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations Tooty, I was in the May/June thread as well. I'm surprised you had to wait so long, I think we had transfer around the same date. Mine was the 23rd, I only had to wait until 11dp5dt for my beta.

Good luck for your BT tomorrow Adden! I'm sure it will be just fine

16. The Following User Says Thank You to kmvw For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much girls! kmvw my transfer was 27th and my beta is only 13 days past a 5 day transfer so not that long really, I'm just really impatient!

Good luck tomorrow Adden, hope it goes well.

Amy I'm sure everything is perfect but completely understand your nervousness, it is a very big deal after all.