+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 52 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kmvw View Post
    Jumping on over from may/june/july/august lol had no idea which thread i belonged to! Anyway got my BFP last night when i caved in a d POAS, 4th time lucky!

Had my Beta today but a little concerned 16dpo, 11dpt5dt hcg is 142. Nurse said it was a little on the low side, freaking me out. She said to organise a scan in two weeks so I rang back and asked if I could have another BT Friday. Apparently they don't normally do this. Oh worried now

Rang another nurse who said it was a perfectly fine number.... Who to believe?

Funny cats! I have two, both won't leave me alone atm. I was using the toilet a few days ago and one decides it's a great place for a cuddle
    Comgrtulations!

Anything over 100 is apparently fine I would ensure that you go back in a couple of days for another BT though

X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SL1009 View Post
    How random about your cat lol!! Next Wednesday huh, well it's Wednesday today so this time next week it's on!! It's such a hard anxious wait I know!!

I had 2 little embryos put back - both at 3days, one was 9 cells and one was 8 it would be amazing if they were both little stickies!!!
    SL - I vaguely recall you being with Monash (correct me if I'm wrong lol) - did you have any resistance in getting two put back at your age?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jumping on over from may/june/july/august lol had no idea which thread i belonged to! Anyway got my BFP last night when i caved in a d POAS, 4th time lucky!

Had my Beta today but a little concerned 16dpo, 11dpt5dt hcg is 142. Nurse said it was a little on the low side, freaking me out. She said to organise a scan in two weeks so I rang back and asked if I could have another BT Friday. Apparently they don't normally do this. Oh worried now

Funny cats! I have two, both won't leave me alone atm. I was using the toilet a few days ago and one decides it's a great place for a cuddle
    Congrats kmvw! My first numbers were done on day 11 too and were 101 so you are doing better than me, the one a week later had jumped to over 2,000 so I wouldn't worry too much. Push for a second blood test though to make sure or do what some of the others girls do and get a sneaky one at the GP!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SelM22 View Post
    Hi girls

Rachael I dont think Im much help either. My second cycle I felt pretty much nothing. Last cycle was the same, except for the side effects of the crinone. This cycle I was on pregnyl and had lots of crampy type feelings. Im not a crampy person with my period normally so that was weird for me. And I felt quite off colour. But my FS said some of that is my high progresterone level. I am driving myself crazy too - par for the course I think

We all try and read something into everything and the truth is its hard not to, but also hard to draw any conclusions from anything. All I can say is hang in there!

SL and GirlX - how many did you have put back? I cant remember, sorry

AmyEL - are you on hols? I love being referred to as an eastern state person - never think that way! LOL. I always think of SA, NT and WA as "the rest of the country" though!

AFM - well Im trying to distract myself and not think about things. God knows how Im going to make it to wed next week for the scan. And then Im really stressed that we will get a bad outcome. Not sure why I think that.
    I was feeling really good yesterday and like you GirlX that freaked me out. Had a couple of feelings of being off colour today, so taking that as a sign.

On a slightly strange note I have noticed that my cat has gone from sucky sucky winter type behaviour to not even coming near me anymore. DH thinks it is hilarious because she loves him more now!
    Perhaps they really do have a sixth sense!
    Ok, blabbing on now...

xx
    oh cats and their funny little personalities, they make me laugh. I will be so sad if mine does that!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Razzy Bear For This Useful Post:

SelM22  (04-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Go to your GP and ask for BT if you are worried, but anything over 100 is well & truly ok, it's the rate it's doubling/increasing that they like to monitor so if it helps you relax get another test done :-)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to AmyEL For This Useful Post:

SelM22  (04-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Hey kmvw! Great news, well done!!!!!
    Re your hcg - I think its fine too! My FS said around 100 on 16dpo is average and I have seen stats that say that too. Cant find the source for them though
    Mine was 80 at 16 dpo, 11 dp5dt, and my FS wasnt worried. But I know that it was low. He said that anything above 50 is good and the clinic get many women with hcg's below that on day 16 who go on to have healthy pregnancies and babies.

So I totally understand where you are at with this.
    I also recall you are an MFI case too and I read something that said that with d5 transfers and with ICSI especially for MFI hcgs tend to be lower, + there is the whole late implanter thing!

For now, just go with it and let the clinic know if anything is weird. Im not sure who you are with, Im with repromed in Adelaide and I had two tests three days apart to make sure it was doubling (2nd beta was 219), after which my FS was even happier. Then I asked for another one a week after the first test and it was heaps higher (1347), they zoom up pretty quick.
    We are still tracking low, along the sort of bottom of the ranges, but seriously the ranges are huge.

Because I am a stresser I got my GP to do another level on Monday just gone (3462) and will do another one on Friday, just for my own piece of mind. However, its not working too well and I am still very stressed, but that is my nature Im afraid.

There are lots of sites out there with levels on them (I think Ive read them all LOL) and what Ive learnt is that the number doesnt matter as much as the doubling pattern. So a bit weird that they dont want you to do another one - Id go to your GP maybe?

These are the levels according to the American Pregnancy Association - by how many weeks pregnant.
    • 3 weeks: 5 - 50 mIU/ml
    • 4 weeks: 5 - 426 mIU/ml
    • 5 weeks: 18 - 7,340 mIU/ml
    • 6 weeks: 1,080 - 56,500 mIU/ml
    • 7 - 8 weeks: 7, 650 - 229,000 mIU/ml
    • 9 - 12 weeks: 25,700 - 288,000 mIU/ml
    • 13 - 16 weeks: 13,300 - 254,000 mIU/ml
    • 17 - 24 weeks: 4,060 - 165,400 mIU/ml
    • 25 - 40 weeks: 3,640 - 117,000 mIU/ml
    • Non-pregnant women: <5.0 mIU/ml
    • Postmenopausal women: <9.5 mIU/ml
    Welcome to the continuation of the roller coaster
    I have everything crossed for both of us that we just have late implanters and it will all be fine

PS my cat has always thought the loo is a good place for a cuddle - but not now!!
    xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Crafty45 View Post
    oh cats and their funny little personalities, they make me laugh. I will be so sad if mine does that!
    Crafty I am a bit sad, but we are both stubborn LOL!
    Me and the cat that is

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations kmvw! I have also read that your HCG is fine. As long as it doubles! fingers crossed its all awesome from here for you!

so, apparently I get morning sickness in the afternoon......
    fun!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tired, cold, headaches, crampy and like AF cramps, and nauseous but no vomiting - sound all normal???

Thanks
    Reviews
    And craving maccas which my DH is out getting for me!!