+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    nearly 6 years of trying, pred brought us our little DD who is now 5 months old.

i was on 25mg. currently trying for number 2, on a lower dose, as its our first t/f post DD, and i POAS this am, and it looks like a BFN, so will be back to 25mg for our FET next cycle.

fingers crossed for u

Thanks
    Reviews
    Btmac yeah it would be good to know what else you have been taking if thats ok

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks wow that is a lot to take

Thanks
    Reviews
    My ob told me vit d and c are good to

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by btmac View Post
    Hi 6 years trying - more than happy to share. One of the greatest things about these forums is how much information you can access. Our successful cycle was a fresh ET x 2 (only one on board). Medications for successful cycle below:

Per day
    Progynova 2mg x 16
    Provera 10mg x 16
    Clexane 40iu x 1
    Aspirin 100mg x 1
    Prednisone 5mg x 2
    Feldene 10mg x 1
    Diabex XR 500mg x 4
    Progesterone pessaries (200mg) x2
    Crinone x 2

Supplements

Fish oil 1000mg x 1
    CoQ10 300mg x 1
    Vitamin E 500mg x 1
    Zinc 40mg x 1
    Folic acid 10mg x 1
    Elevit

The supplements I am still on. All of the medications I started weaning off at 12 weeks, ending shortly before 20 weeks. I still take the aspirin daily until 32 weeks (OB's orders).

btmac
    This sounds like my regime of stuff!

I'm still TTC and am currently in my second round of IVF, and this time my FS has thrown the book at me. I'm on SO much stuff, but i'm glad that he's not waiting until i've been on this ride many times to start trying me on other things.

I'm on per day:

Clexane x 20iu
    Aspirin x 100mg
    Prednisone 5mg x 2
    Progesterone Pessary x 1
    DHEA 25mg x 3
    Luveris (starting day 8 - dose TBA)

For reference, i'm on 600iu FSH (i had 9 eggs at last EPU, 5 mature and 3 fertilised, so he thinks there is no concern regarding OHSS with me) I'll be starting certitide shots on day 7 to stop me ovulating.

Supplements

Fish oil 6000mg
    CoQ10 x 300mg
    Vitamin E x 500mg
    Zinc 40mg
    Swisse Pregnancy Multivitamin x 1
    Folic Acid x 5mg
    Magnesium x 300mg
    Berocca x 1

My DH is on supplements too - most of the above, except for pregnancy multivitamin and berocca, but he's was told to take goji berries, pepitas and aloe vera juice to detox and encourage sperm health.

I feel like i rattle when i walk and my stomach is already rainbow coloured lol. All for a good cause, though! I read about women who have only needed to take the bare minimum while on IVF and feel envious!

I did want to say that from reading this thread and the success stories of taking prednisone, it's definitely given me hope, so thank you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you ladies so far iam
    asprin 100mg x 1
    Folic acid 5mg x 1
    Elevit x 1
    Vitamin d 1000iu x 2
    Prednisolone 5mg x 1

Iam going to my ob/gyno on tuesday to get results of last miscarriage and set a plan for our next try iam going to see if she will uo my dose of pred i have arthritis so bad we always get to 7 weeks and the baby stops growing so i might even try some other things to we have been trying for almost 7 years and just about to give up we.wont a couple trys of trying everything we can i just cant keep.doing this we have lost 6 babies

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welk i went to see the doc today we lost our baby because of more blood clots in the placenta again so she said a hight dose of prednisolone and when we do get.pregnant clexane injections and more progesterone up till 12 weeks so we get to go back to ivf and try.again

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am on day 5 of my new stim cycle...I am on 10mg per day of the pred steriods - I started taking them from day 3 of my cycle along with the gonal f.... I was on 20mg for my last FET which resulted in a BFP (but miscarried at nearly 7 weeks)... I wanted to go on 20mg but the doctor said to start at 10mg for now...

Hope this helps...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ladies, i'm wondering if any of you who are currently taking pred are getting sick more often? I know it's an immunosuppressant but bloody hell - i got sick about 6 weeks ago (before i started it) and it seems i'm picking up every little thing. Usually my immune function is brilliant. I can't afford to take time off work, and i'm again having to take a couple of days off. I'm not even in a cycle right now (my last cycle was cancelled and i'm waiting for AF to show), so i'm ringing the clinic today to see if i can wean off it until i start my next cycle).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah i did get sick but my doctor.gave me antibiotics before my cycle so i didnt get to sick its to important to stop