+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    missybubble is offline I'm a strange one, but I'm good at it :)
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had been off my P plates for a week when I crashed into another girl I was 20 and my excess was $900. It was only minor and no one was hurt but I was pretty shaken up. Moral of the story - don't get too cocky.

ETA: I've had my licence for 7 years.
    Last edited by missybubble; 27-06-2012 at 22:18.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have only had two "accidents" neither of which were my fault - I hit a kangaroo x 2. First was in my second year of driving and second in my 10th year (wow, I feel old now that I've worked out I've had my licence for 10 years!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a few accidents in my first two years of driving.
    My first car was an old piece of crap that seemed to attract accidents whilst parked.
    I was reversed into by a small truck whilst parked at a service station. It dinted the bonnet and knocked out a headlight.
    I sleep the night in my car at a friends after a house party, in the morning some young idiot guys zoomed past in their car, and hit the rear corner of the boot. Put a small ding in the boot, which didn't really matter. They drove off in a hurry but not before I saw the huge scratch down the side if their nice paintjob.
    I was also rear ended at a set of lights by my girlfriend when she was following me in her car. Luckily no skate to either car.
    Eventually my car was stolen from the parking lot at uni.

Milky mumma since July 2011

Thanks
    Reviews
    I did run into a few things in the old farm ute before I fit my licence- the gate post, a tree, the ride in mower, the old horse float and a power pole. I also drive into ditch and got stuck. I was doing a U-turn on the back road and thought I'd off the road a little onto the grass. Turns out it was a massive ditch with really long grass next to the road. Scared the crap out of me and I thought I was going to roll the ute.

Milky mumma since July 2011

Mod-Myztik is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    My April Fools baby
    Winner 2009- Biggest Post-Awards Whinger
    Winner 2010- Biggest Computer Nerd

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Interesting. I wonder why everyone has said this or where they get these 'statistics' from.

I have driven into a tree but I was 16 and had no license then lol. Maybe that counted as my first accident so I'm all good now

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yes sadly.

I was at work, I had my P's a week. I reversed into a stack of pallets (silly I know) so I rang my friend who had a spare rear bar for the car I owned and said I could have it. So I was driving home (as he lived only 2 streets away) and I was about 500meters from home and waiting at a set of lights.

It was an open light and I looked everywhere and could not see a car anywhere, so I turned right and well a car was coming toward me doing over 80kph and it was a 60 zone.

The car T-Boned me so hard he sent the passenger side pillar of my car into my arm and bent the car like a boomerang. The rear vision mirror shot off and cut me, glass everywhere. It wasn't pretty. And my car was hit so hard it spoun around and collected another car. It also ended up as if I was on the side street waiting to turn onto the main road.

So it was just an ulucky day for me I think! I had only just had my car registered and insured and owned it for a few days.

HOWEVER my sister who is 2 years younger then me only had her first accident a few months ago after driving for 5 years and it wasn't even much of an accident she zigged when someone zagged and each car got a grazed front bar. I think her car has about 6 scratches on it.

Actually in my second year of my licence I was in another accident. An 8 car pile up on a highway because a petrol tanker lost it's diesel load all over the highway. Unfortunately I had no way to avoid it, the car was covered in diesel. the front of it went under a truck ((and didn't get hit) but it was a very very low car) and then hit someone. The road was so slippery that even a policeman slipped over walking on the fuel covered highway. The police could never track the tanker but they said they may not be able to find who was responsible. So each person had to make their insurance claims through their own company.

I had a great 2 years!.
    Last edited by LifeInShadesOfGrey; 28-06-2012 at 08:50. Reason: silly mistakes

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LifeInShadesOfGrey View Post
    Yes sadly.

I was at work, I had my P's a week. I reversed into a stack of pallets (silly I know) so I rang my friend who had a spare rear bar for the car I owned and said I could have it. So I was driving home (as he lived only 2 streets away) and I was about 500meters from home and waiting at a set of lights.

It was an open light and I looked everywhere and could not see a car anywhere, so I turned right and well a car was coming toward me doing over 80kph and it was a 60 zone.

The car T-Boned me so hard he sent the passenger side pillar of my car into my arm and bent the car like a boomerang. The rear vision mirror shot off and cut me, glass everywhere. It wasn't pretty. And my car was hit so hard it spoun around and collected another car. It also ended up as if I was on the side street waiting to turn onto the main road.

So it was just an ulucky day for me I think! I had only just had my car registered and insured and owned it for a few days.

HOWEVER my sister who is 2 years younger then me only had her first accident a few months ago after driving for 5 years and it wasn't even much of an accident she zigged when someone zagged and each car got a grazed front bar. I think her car has about 6 scratches on it.

Actually in my second year of my licence I was in another accident. An 8 car pile up on a highway because a petrol tanker lost it's diesel load all over the highway. Unfortunately I had no way to avoid it, the car was covered in diesel. the front of it went under a truck ((and didn't get hit) but it was a very very low car) and then hit someone. The road was so slippery that even a policeman slipped over walking on the fuel covered highway. The police could never track the tanker but they said they may not be able to find who was responsible. So each person had to make their insurance claims through their own company.

I had a great 2 years!.
    What is an open light??

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartiecat View Post
    What is an open light??
    When the light is green and the filter light for right turning is neither red/green - so you can go at your discretion.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbow road View Post
    When the light is green and the filter light for right turning is neither red/green - so you can go at your discretion.
    Ah ok you had me confused!! So you have to give way to oncoming traffic yes?

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yes this is correct. You still need to give way. In this instance there were no cars on coming (that I could see) so I went. Had the car the Tboned me been doing the speed limit (as he was over 20kph over the speed limit) there would not have been an accident. It was just an unlucky situation.