+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Myztik View Post
    What bugs me is I leant my car to my mum the other week and she drove into a pole first crash in my car and it wasn't even me!
    DP reversed our new car into a pole. She was very sheepish when she told me what happened - I was just relieved I wasn't the first one to damage it. Barely noticeable though and only cosmetic.

Mod-Myztik is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    My April Fools baby
    Winner 2009- Biggest Post-Awards Whinger
    Winner 2010- Biggest Computer Nerd

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Mum hit it going forward and yeah no actually damage just chipped some paint.

MrJones&Me is offline sometimes as useless as the 'ueue' in queue
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I *lightly* scraped a concrete pillar at my antenatal appt.

You can't even notice it

***touch wood***

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nope, I've been driving for 20yrs and not one accident

Thanks
    Reviews
    Four months after I got my license some doody head hit me from behind lightly and pushed me into dh ute in front. Then they took off

Took a chunk out of the bonnet and damaged the boot lock, nothing major.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    I've been driving 7 years now and haven't caused an accident. I have however had one stupid cow run up the back of my first ever and brand car within a month of buying it.
    I've had another incompetent driver reverse into the front of my parked car and a lady off her head on drugs or booze or something reverse into the front of my car at a red traffic light.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've been driving about 13 years and never had an accident. Touch wood. Many near misses, but luckily no accidents.

So there's certainly no guarantee you'll have an accident in your first 12 mths.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yes, I wasn't at fault though. Both cars were complete write offs, the other guy was drink driving and lost control of his ute on a 2lane motorway, he hit the inner side rail spun out in front of me and I had no choice but to colide with him. Was a very nasty car accident and both my boys were in the car at the time. We must have someonne watching over us as none of us were majorly hurt. My sister had been in a car accident just 3weeks before and fractored her spine, and this accident fractured it yet again, she ended up suing both times and walked away 15k richer, but she now has an effed back which limits what she can/can't do.
    Last edited by Littlemissmetal; 27-06-2012 at 15:47.

Buttoneska is offline Winner 2010- Most Community Minded Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes I had 3 'incidents' early on - I am pretty sure within the first 12mth if not 18mths
    1. Day 2 of license - I reversed out my driveway and straight into a car parked across the road. The old lady I hid said 'which dint is yours my dear' and through my tears I said 'that one' she said 'nevermind we will just let it slide - I am getting a new car next week. I think the shock is more then enough lesson for you'
    2. Close to 12mth-18mth period - i was driving down a busy double sided road (not a highway but a big one like hoodle street kinda thing). I was turning left and a cyclist came up behind me and drove into my car. He went flying through the air and landed on my bonnet before rolling off onto the ground. Thank God I was only doing about 10km an hr so I didn't run over him. It was just a freaky accident - technically the police said it was his fault because he has turned onto the road and I had never passed him or something but I felt so terrible and really shaken up. He tried to sue me for $3k for the cost of his bike but I didn't pay. He had damaged my car when he landed on it and I was planning on fixing that myself. About 3yrs later TAC called to inform me he had recieved a payout of almost $30k - what for I am not entirely sure as he was never admitted to hospital or had any immediate injuries?
    3. 2weeks after the cyclist incident I was driving on a main road and a guy pulled out of his driveway straight in front of me trying to turn into traffic going the opposite direction to me. I hit him at about 60km per hr straight into his door and caused a heap of damage to both cars. He swore and carried on and blamed me, being young I didn't know if I was right or wrong but it seemed to me he was wrong. Anyway he called the cops and carried on like a crazy man. In the end he got arrested for assaulting the police and it turned out he was unlicense, driving an unregisterd and uninsured car. God knows why he called the cops but im glad he did. (i think in hindsite he was prob on drugs and acting rather irrationally).
    Since then I have run up someones rearend on a highway causing damage to me but not them and run over a street sign when a spider dropt onto my windscreen.

Thanks
    Reviews
    nope..never ..been driving 15 years..(touch HUGE wood)