+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Mod-Myztik is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    My April Fools baby
    Winner 2009- Biggest Post-Awards Whinger
    Winner 2010- Biggest Computer Nerd

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

Default Car accidents

Just curious. Since I started learning to drive I have had so many people tell me that everyone has an accident in their first 12mnths of having their license.
    I am coming up to 9mnths on my Ps and not had an accident, nor any near misses. I haven't reversed into anything or hit anything other than the odd curb lol.

So did you have a crash, or hit anything in your first 12mnths?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Myztik For This Useful Post:

MissMuppet  (27-06-2012)

mystical mumma is offline * ʇı ǝןoʇs sǝıɹıɐɟ ǝɥʇ ˙˙˙puıɯ ʎɯ ʇsoן ʇuǝʌɐɥ ı *
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Nope.

I've driven into my own garage wall... Twice... In one day. Lol.

But never hit another car, person, post,pole, car,truck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Not in my first 12 months no. Probably not for a couple of years later and all i did was reverse my bfs car into a pole. The only accident i've had was last year, 6 years driving experience and not even my fault

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Touch wood, Mytik!

I had an accident 6 hours after I got my licence! I turned right onto a street and a woman came screaming up the street I turned onto and clobbered me up the bum.

Her fault, she was speeding and on the phone.

I was mighty shaken though, it made me even more aware of the fact that I may be a good driver but there are an awful lot of morons on the road.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rainbow road For This Useful Post:

Amira  (27-06-2012),Mod-Myztik  (27-06-2012)

BarefootedMumma is offline Aiming to be in the top 10 busiest users one week.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yes I stopped paying attention to look for something (ringing phone I think) and jumped up onto a gutter took out some signs, a couple of young trees and a fence stopping people from going into the storm water drain.

DH however was only Rear ended in his first year (and also exactly a year after that too)

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Nope. Not a scratch. When I was driving about 2 years I reversed into a Bollard but no damage... that's about it, driving 10 years now...

Of course you could deliberately crash just to prove them all right

ETA I just remembered another time I reversed our barge of a station wagon into a pole but that didn't really count cos a dh had already damaged that corner so I was just covering that up lol
    Last edited by Gothel; 27-06-2012 at 15:18.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Gothel For This Useful Post:

Mod-Myztik  (27-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Not in the first year, not even any near misses. I was so careful and only drove short distances until I had gotten used to things.

Only incident I've had in my 12 years of driving was in 2010 when I was driving in my own lane, going straight, doing the speed limit and an elderly man decided he wanted to move into my lane whether anyone was there or not! Clipped my side mirror but all was fine.

Mod-Myztik is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    My April Fools baby
    Winner 2009- Biggest Post-Awards Whinger
    Winner 2010- Biggest Computer Nerd

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    What bugs me is I leant my car to my mum the other week and she drove into a pole first crash in my car and it wasn't even me!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    In my 20 + years of driving, I have only had one accident and that was with a suicidal roo about 3 years ago.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think they say this because most not all people aren't exactly careful til an accident happens like thinkin it won't happen to them. I was driving and turned to the side for a split second and went partly head on wit another car. Rode both cars off but was so lucky to just get a scratch. Never had another accident though!