+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Weell both of my labours were spontaneous with my second being waaay more painful BUT was only 3 and a half hours including pushing.

Dreading number 3 but hoping its a quickie also!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Easier - yes, I'm some ways yes. Less painful....... resounding helllll no....

Jasper's birth was traumatic though, a whole bunch of hospital f-ups etc etc etc but hours after he was born I said to my mum I was still game to have another baby.

Katelyns birth was not traumatic, empowering even, cos I f-ing did it! But hours after promising myself I would not forget and I would not have another baby.

.... though.... I've forgotten the pain... so..... who knows. lol.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I think my second was easier, as I knew what to expect and learnt better ways to deal with the pain.

And I was more relaxed and had a lot less people around me

Plus it was a spontaneous birth not an induced one

Thanks
    Reviews
    My first born was 9lb 5oz. My second 7lb5oz. BOTH spontaneous natural normal deliveries. I tore with both (needed stitches with DS but left to heal naturally with DD).

First labour was a lot longer, but easier on my body I think as I slowly eased into it (not saying it was easy, it was labour after all and hurt like hell!). Second labour. Intense (in comparison), and in my opinion, worse.

Third time lucky? Haha. Doubtful. But I'd do it for my babies any day <3

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KCT View Post
    Thanks ladies! This makes me so much more keen for a natural, spontaneous labour. My ob is already talking about inducing me if the baby looks like it's going to be as big as DD - just because of how damaged I was last time but I'm dead keen to let things happen naturally - even though I'm petrified of having an even bigger baby. I only had an epi at 8cm after being induced last time and the pain was unbearable. I was totally out of it and felt like I was completely out of control.
    You dilate way quicker with second deliveries so even if it's painful it's shorter. And I must honestly day that the contractions are way way way easier when not induced.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

Momkey  (28-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose&Aurelia View Post
    You dilate way quicker with second deliveries so even if it's painful it's shorter. And I must honestly day that the contractions are way way way easier when not induced.
    My second labour was much longer because I wasn't induced, but it was a lot easier.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by KCT View Post
    Thanks ladies! This makes me so much more keen for a natural, spontaneous labour. My ob is already talking about inducing me if the baby looks like it's going to be as big as DD - just because of how damaged I was last time but I'm dead keen to let things happen naturally - even though I'm petrified of having an even bigger baby. I only had an epi at 8cm after being induced last time and the pain was unbearable. I was totally out of it and felt like I was completely out of control.
    My first was 4.11kg (9lb 1oz) and I had a second degree tear. My second was 4.85kg (10lb 11oz) and I had no tearing or grazing at all.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

Momkey  (28-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    My first was 4.11kg (9lb 1oz) and I had a second degree tear. My second was 4.85kg (10lb 11oz) and I had no tearing or grazing at all.
    Yep I had a nine pound seven baby and I didn't even have a graze. It can be done.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using BubHub

11. The Following User Says Thank You to bumMum For This Useful Post:

Momkey  (28-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    This thread is so interesting. I've only had one baby and was induced but my labour was pretty manageable. It was very quick - went from 4 to 10 in about two hours. And once I started pushing it didn't hurt at all, it was a relief actually. I wonder what labour number two will bring.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've been very blessed to have 2 drug free births. Dd2 was definately easier. Dd1 was 7 hours from first contraction to delivery, laboured at home, got to hospital shortly before birth. The last 20 mins were very painful, but I was panicking, as the rush to hospital and pushing straight away freaked me out, hence the pain.

Dd2 was induced. I was very prepared, relaxed and calm. I felt in control from the start. Had a great midwife who listened to me, I told her I'd tell her when dd was coming, which I did, and I barely pushed, just let my body do its thing. 50 mins labour, 2 mins pushing. So, for me 2nd time round, so easy, even with induction.

Good luck.