+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I wasn't induced with either so my comparison is only based on spontaneous labour. I did find my second birth easier. It was shorter and the contractions were pretty mild. Pushing and crowning.. well what can I say... Both times I hated it .. I go from calm to psycho in that stage and say things like "I just want it out of me now!!" Lol.. sorry if that doesn't help.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by withlovesiobhan View Post
    My DH and I are planning on having our first baby very soon and I am so scared. I do not handle pain well at all and I don't know how I am going to give birth. All these stories have scared me even more lol.
    Don't be worried, the result at the end makes it all worth while and you realise the pain you went through was worth it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    yep!!first labour 23 hours forceps episiotomy just awful.
    second labour one of the best experiences ever.2 hours and 45 mins no drugs just amazing
    however my 3rd labour sucked.lol

you only live once...
    but if you do it right ~ once is enough.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ummmmm..... nope. It hurt both times.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by withlovesiobhan View Post
    My DH and I are planning on having our first baby very soon and I am so scared. I do not handle pain well at all and I don't know how I am going to give birth. All these stories have scared me even more lol.
    When I was pregnant with my first I was totally fixated on HOW this LARGE child was going to get out..... but you know - you live through it. Its worth it totally. Crikey - some people even do it more than once.

And think about this - one day you can sit around with other mothers sharing your war stories! (Scaring the daylights out of pregnant first timers!!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It wasn't less Painful but it was quicker

Thanks
    Reviews
    100 times YES!!!!!

i was induced with bub1. epidural, birthing while on my back, tear, retained placenta ALL BAD!!

bub2 spontaneous labour, no intervention, no drugs. pushed him out on the bathroom floor in the hospital! 9 pound 12. it was ssoooo much better, and if i could bottle those natural birth endorphins i would be a millionaire!!

goodluck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Was way easier second time. It was still painful, but I was more prepared and in control.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Yes, oh H3ll yes. DS1, 22hrs, over 3hrs of that was pushing. He was 9pd11.5oz, a 36.5cm head. I got 4th deg tears. The pain was about a 12/10. DS2, i was in silent labour from about 800 in the morning (3min contractions but no pain at all, it was just like braxton hicks) The 'pain' only hit at about 800pm. It was about a 7/10, i was coping at home in the bath just fine. But then i started feeling like throwing up, which can be a sign of transition so we made our way to hospital after about 1.5hrs, we got the the hospital at 921pm. I got an internal 4cm and 50%effaced. The pain was only about 7/10, it was bearable. I was sucking on the gas to take the 'edge' off the top of the contraction (where the pain was a bit more). After my waters broke the pain got to a 8/10. When it got to pushing (about 15min later, 1hr 45min after getting to the hospital, 2hrs 40min after it started to 'hurt') the pain stopped. It didnt hurt, i just felt it. I felt his head descending, then going back up after the contraction. So all up the pain only got to a 8/10. I had gas on level 5, 50%nitrous and 50%oxygen. And only at the top of the contraction, that took the pain to about 6/10, if i stopped in time, if i didnt stop in time i was at the top of another contraction and it magnified the pain to about 10/10
    Last edited by IndigoJ; 28-06-2012 at 23:28.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies! This makes me so much more keen for a natural, spontaneous labour. My ob is already talking about inducing me if the baby looks like it's going to be as big as DD - just because of how damaged I was last time but I'm dead keen to let things happen naturally - even though I'm petrified of having an even bigger baby. I only had an epi at 8cm after being induced last time and the pain was unbearable. I was totally out of it and felt like I was completely out of control.