+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Much easier for me second time around!

I had epidural first time after a prolonged labour (had a few complications...) so I didn't actually feel the pain of birth.

Second time around I actually wanted the epidural again, but there wasn't enough time. It was still very painful, but not unbearable, and it was all over very quickly. I only had the gas, which helped.

It is nice to know I was able to do it naturally, but I would have been just as happy if there had been enough time for the epidural.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep 2nd time around was easier for me too.

First labour was 19hours, very painful and stressful. I was completely out of my mind with pain! I had gas but it made me spew but that was it.

Second was 4 hours, it was painful but it was manageable. I was able to have a conversation between contractions. She was an undiagnosed breech but still managed to do it naturally and drug free. It was a much better experience and I felt more positive about it than I did after my first.

I was terrified of my second labour after my first experience so I tried listening to a few meditation/relaxation apps on my iPhone. They helped me deal with the pain, very much worth it

Shhh, blowing Flo rider's whistle and making Usher scream...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I learnt from the 1st time - no epidural, so I was first in line when it came to the second birth. So much less painful for me, it's not for everyone tho, personal choice, give it a go without miss epi and she'll always b there waiting and ready to take charge. Good luck sweety

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Contractions hurt less with DD (she's #2), but the pushing stage felt way worse with her. That might be because it was very fast (6 minute stage 2) and drug free (so quick I had no time to even ask for gas, she sort of just 'fell out'). Thankfully the worst part was also the quickest, it was all over so fast.

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    First time round I was induced and was crying out for an epi within minutes. The second time I was adamant I was going to have a spontaneous labour and intervention free birth and I did and I have to say, 99% of it was easy peesy. The two births were so unbelievably different. I had gas at transition but that was it, soooooo much better than laying on your back and being constantly monitored. I was able to move around the house and stop and do what ever I wanted to do during a contraction.

If your care providers start pushing for an induction ask about your options and don't be afraid to turn them down. Don't forget as well if you have a longer cycle your gestation period will most likely be longer.

Thanks
    Reviews
    1st bub 7hrs including 20mins of pushing (i wanted to kill myself during the pushing stage that was the most painful thing i have experieced in my life thank goodness it was the only time i have ever had to expeirence that type of pain again!!! but overall was a piece of cake!(during my contractions i was not 100% sure if i was in labour till they told me i was and 10mins later i was pushing DD out!!, her contractions were easy as)

when i was expecting no:2 i was told having a boy is alot worst in labour, and this was true for me!! he was postior but was killing my back! i was still in labour for 7hrs but contractions were came 5mins apart twice before he fell into my pelvis!!! i was scared as!! it was like a soccer ball fell in between there and i was fully clothed!! took pants off and out he was so 2nd stage was a piece of cake 2nd stages will go faster then a 1st bub!!

with DD2 i was in labour for 30mins,2o mins of it i just felt constipated!) 10mins before she came out i had my 1st contraction they came at 2mins apart!! before she came out; i even held off on a few contractions to push as DH wasn't ready to play catch yet!!!. porr thing he had no choice but to deliver her!! at 2am in the morning!! (he only got up coz he noticed i wasn't in bed luck he did or i would of screaming the whole house down!!)

all my labours were natural drug free births... (well my 3rd i didn't really have a choice for any drugs as i don't have any on supply LOL)

all the best u should be fine!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimberleygal1 View Post
    I wouldn't say second time round was less painful, just a lot easier. Due to the size of ds1 and complications ds's size was monitored closely and I was enduced which I am greatful for because he would have been the same size as ds1. A 4hr labour was much better and easier all round than a 33hr one!
    Wow I'm just reading this thread and realised that I actually didn't feel any pain at all when delivering with either of mine but the contractions were very painful even with having the epi both times plus top ups. It numbed me too far down apparently.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Bec~ View Post
    First time round I was induced and was crying out for an epi within minutes. The second time I was adamant I was going to have a spontaneous labour and intervention free birth and I did and I have to say, 99% of it was easy peesy. The two births were so unbelievably different. I had gas at transition but that was it, soooooo much better than laying on your back and being constantly monitored. I was able to move around the house and stop and do what ever I wanted to do during a contraction.

If your care providers start pushing for an induction ask about your options and don't be afraid to turn them down. Don't forget as well if you have a longer cycle your gestation period will most likely be longer.
    I recommend asking for early intervention if enduced and not progressing. My ob broke my waters straight up with my second induction and it was so different than my first induction.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I found it a lot easier as I was induced with my first. I didn't have any interventions or drugs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DH and I are planning on having our first baby very soon and I am so scared. I do not handle pain well at all and I don't know how I am going to give birth. All these stories have scared me even more lol.