+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Did anyone find labour less painful the second time??

I was just wondering if anyone found labour easier/less painful the second time round. Hoping......hehe. I was induced last time and ended up having an epidural. Hoping for natural and no epidural this time! But won't be saying no to the epidural if it's as bad as last time. Chances are I'll be having another big over 9 pounder as well. Praying it's going to be easier this time because my body has already done it once!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Personally I found it just as painful, if not a tad more because second time around I had the epidural where you push the button to release the drug and I didn't press it enough! Also baby #2 was forceps because he was a bigger baby.

Thanks
    Reviews
    *hoping everyone replies "yep 2nd time was a breeze" *
    I'm in the same boat as you OP, induced then NEEDED an epi lol, hope to go natural next time, can't wait to hear the majority response...

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mulva For This Useful Post:

mamamel89  (09-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes yes yes!!!!
    My first labour was 60hrs, posterior baby, botched epidural (requiring a blood patch 48 hrs later), forceps,episiotomy - very traumatic horrible labour

My second birth was the most wonderful, empowering and healing event of my life. I had a home water birth that was 3 hrs 47 mins from waters breaking to delivery of the placenta.

I LOVED my second birth. The rush of endorphins after she was born was the most amazing thing ever!!!

Good luck with your second birth.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Loulabelle For This Useful Post:

AMANDALAKE  (29-06-2012),Bubbles10  (27-06-2012),Momkey  (27-06-2012),nelle7250  (29-06-2012),smallpotatoes  (07-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week
    here is the news your waiting to hear..
    lol
    I was induced with dd1 and the labour was PAINFUL. However with dd2 it really was a breeze, however, dd2 was 6 weeks prem. The difference between being induced and going naturally.. OMG... worlds apart IMO. Contractions with dd2 were not painful at ALL. Not until it was time to deliver at least and even then gas was all I needed. But it was a very short labour (4 hours total) and everything happened so quickly. Had DD2 gone full term who knows how it would have gone though, but in my experience inductions are much more painful.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DesperatelySeekingSleep For This Useful Post:

Momkey  (27-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had an epidural with DD1 & DD2 but with DD3 there was no time ! although i begged & pleaded for one anyway. I went from 4cm to fully dilated in 2hrs with only the gas & a hot bath for pain relief. Although it was quite special to have a natural, drug free labour, it was definately more painful than my first 2 but also a lot quicker.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    My second labour was worse. It was twice as long and so incredibley painful in comparison. It was so intense!
    I never had contractions with my first, second i did and they were horrible!
    First labour labour was 1.5 hrs, second labour 3.5hrs..

Thanks
    Reviews
    [QUOTE=lw1981;6657762]here is the news your waiting to hear..
    lol
    I was induced with dd1 and the labour was PAINFUL. However with dd2 it really was a breeze, however, dd2 was 6 weeks prem. The difference between being induced and going naturally.. OMG... worlds apart IMO. Contractions with dd2 were not painful at ALL. Not until it was time to deliver at least and even then gas was all I needed. QUOTE]

same here

DD1 - induced and awful.

DD2 - spontaneous and seriously only really bad pain in the last hour or so. Posterior bubs dont make it easier either.

My second birth gave me the best vibes ever!! If birth is that easy I'll have a baby every year

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

DesperatelySeekingSleep  (27-06-2012),Momkey  (27-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My second labour was more intense but less painful to a degree. I think because I knew what to expect from last time and used JuJu Sundins methods for pain relief and actually did the breathing this time instead of holding my breath like the first time. It was also much quicker to.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I wouldn't say second time round was less painful, just a lot easier. Due to the size of ds1 and complications ds's size was monitored closely and I was enduced which I am greatful for because he would have been the same size as ds1. A 4hr labour was much better and easier all round than a 33hr one!