+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Goodluck tomorrow kenta. I have heard some great success stories with embryos that the experts say are not the best...amazing how tough the little buggers can be! Have everything crossed for you xxx

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Bronte72 For This Useful Post:

Kenta  (29-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Good luck today Kenta, hope those little babies stick! I also read stories where the embie are not perfect and they stick more than when they transferred perfect ones.

My transfer should be on Monday if all goes well...not sure which is the toughest part waiting for the embryo results or the 2ww. Found out yesterday that we had 10 mature eggs, 9 fertilized with PICSI. This is the first time we used PICSI, heard a significant no. can drop out after a few days so really concerned about tomorrow's call. Our FS wants us to do a 5dt, fx all goes well with our update on sat.

Question: after EPU did you feel sharp pains like blades cutting inside..this was the most painful EPU so far, even though the pain is slowly easing now from Wed.
    Last edited by Rachael3; 29-06-2012 at 07:05.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Rachael3 For This Useful Post:

Kenta  (29-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Bronte and Rachel... I got a few strong pains and woke up with abdo cramp in belly after EPU which responded to heat pack and now good so hope you get better quickly Rachel. Great news on the fertilisation Rachel. I think PICSI didn't improve our fertilisation so not sure why. Wonder if it might be dependent on the lab. Think we're going to transfer 2 or 3 today as no point throwing a bad one away I think when we have so few. Good luck Monday Bronte. Thanks for support

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Kenta, nurse said that at least I'm not bleeding heavily all should be fine (sorry TMI only bleed a little when I wipe). In regards to the number to transfer... If I was you I wouldn't waste the third emb and transfer 3 especially if the third doesn't look that great. There is no time to waste. We had two blasts that arrested after defrosting so i don't think this is an option. Let us know how you go, good luck!!
    Last edited by Rachael3; 29-06-2012 at 08:54.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Rachel... We ended up putting 2 back. We are leaving the other one to grow and see what happens over the next few days to see if we have it as a spare. Apparently the FET are getting as good results. The last one stayed the same today so think that's not good news. We are excited and hoping hard for a positive result.

Thanks
    Reviews
    2 is a good number so fx for you!! Hope that 3rd embie makes it. FET's are getting better and if it defrosts well your body is much more healthier to take it.

Just received an update on our embies. All 9 embies have made it to day 3 (6x 8 cells, 2x 7 cells, 1x 6 cells). The call came in later than usually and my theory is if they call late it's bad news...I've been staring at the phone all morning, such a horrible feeling. Now I have to focus on getting my tummy into better shape as it's bloated and tender from EPU. Spoke to the nurse she said to rest up today and tomorrow.

Thanks
    Reviews
    That is such great news Rachel... Are you doing day 5 blast transfer? I think having so many embryos to pick from today would be tricky. Hope you're tummy settles down. Best of luck for transfer. I hope this is your positive cycle

Our day 4 embryos aren't growing today but they are going to check again tomorrow... I think it's a recurrent problem because of poor sperm but we so want our own kids we aren't considering donors.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Kenta, we are doing a day 5 transfer but that doesn't guarantee us a blast even though I'm hoping we get some. Last cycle our embryo only reached morala stage on day 5.

If this keeps on happening with your embryo's have you considered transferring a day 3 embryo? Your embryo's may prefer to be inside you rather than the chemical environment and so many woman get pregnant with a day 3 emb. Fx for you also, it's a tough journey for all of us.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Rachel. We're doing day 3 transfers from now on. I hope these 2 day 3 embryos grow and stick. What type of cycle did you do?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hope they do too We have done 2 IVF cycles natural fertilisation, this time we tried PICSI to improve our fert rate.