+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Please help with a bassinet

I need to find a bassinet to sleep bubs in for the first 6 months or so (however long he/she fits and is safe to do so) but am having some trouble finding any that meet the sids kids guidelines and are nice looking too.
    I don't like the frilly ones! I would like something white and simple looking, I was looking at the mothers choice coco but have read alot of reviews that the base bends under bubs weight. I found one on ebay but its depth from top of mattress to top of bassinet didn't meet sids guidelines. I REALLY wanted an arms reach co-sleeper but unfortunately one wouldn't work with our bed as the bed has thick leather padded sides which would leave a big gap between the bassinet and our mattress. I don't want to spend a fortune for something that will only be in use for such a short period of time. Maybe around $100 - $250.
    Any recommendations?
    TIA x

Thanks
    Reviews
    What is a cradle? I think the one on ebay may of been like a cradle.. it is like a mini cot (bars) and on a stand?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a king parrot bassinet that might be what you're looking for. Sorry I can't link on my phone.
    From memory I think the mattress to top measurement didn't quite meet SIDS guidelines.
    DS grew out of it around months though so not sure it's the greatest. He was taller than average though.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Am I allowed to post links on here?
    This is the one I was looking at
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/WHITE-HAS...item415f75ff66

The issue I have with it is that the measurement from top of mattress to top of bassinet is 240mm where as sids kids recommends 250mm (its not much different) but I think I read somewhere else (maybe aus standards?) that they recommend 300mm.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have the coco bassinet and it was fab!
    So did my sis.

We both had almost 10 pounder babies and DS was in his for four months, my niece was in hers for six.

No issues with the mattress, so much nicer than the frilly's and so easy to clean!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Lumpy Melon For This Useful Post:

Sarelou  (27-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysmama View Post
    I have a king parrot bassinet that might be what you're looking for. Sorry I can't link on my phone.
    From memory I think the mattress to top measurement didn't quite meet SIDS guidelines.
    DS grew out of it around months though so not sure it's the greatest. He was taller than average though.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub
    I second the king parrot. I bought it for my DS for the same reasons as you OP. I love it. The whole thing is fantastic. It has all mesh sides and a really sturdy base. DS is 4 months and weighs 6.5kg and it's fine for him.

I plan on using it until he can pull himself up. I think I got mine on sale for $149. Normal price is $199. Although I have a feeling they were phasing out King Parrot things. It is made by Boori so I'm sure they'd have one but it would probably cost a bit more than you're looking at.

I have seen the Tasman Eco ones and they are the same style as the KP.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Turk EnJayDee For This Useful Post:

Sarelou  (27-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tasha1984 View Post
    I second the king parrot. I bought it for my DS for the same reasons as you OP. I love it. The whole thing is fantastic. It has all mesh sides and a really sturdy base. DS is 4 months and weighs 6.5kg and it's fine for him.

I plan on using it until he can pull himself up. I think I got mine on sale for $149. Normal price is $199. Although I have a feeling they were phasing out King Parrot things. It is made by Boori so I'm sure they'd have one but it would probably cost a bit more than you're looking at.

I have seen the Tasman Eco ones and they are the same style as the KP.
    I have a king parrot bassinet too, they are great and look lovely too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies. I have actually looked at the king parrot before and they seem to be selling for around $169 which sounds good to me. What thickness mattress do you all have roughly? I know alot of bassinets come with ones that are around 10mm thick? This seems really thin but I want to make sure I don't increase any SIDs risks. Thanks again

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have no idea how thick my KP mattress is. It came with the bassinet but I can definately say it's not 10mm. It's much thicker than that. I'd say maybe 25mm

DS doesn't have a problem on it but he also has a wedge because of silent reflux. Before we had the wedge though, he slept on it just fine. It's not really a problem IMHO, because it is quite firm
    Last edited by Turk EnJayDee; 27-06-2012 at 14:53.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We have the Tasman Eco and really like it. Good reviews from Choice magazine too.