+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default i took unrecommended vitamins.. please help!

i cant believe i was so silly. i was taking the swisse mood vitamins in early pregnancy, up until i got my BFP at around 5 and a half weeks. then i stopped of course. im now nearly 12 weeks. i was also taking my folic acid and am now on a pregnancy multivitamin.

i dont even want to google this as i dont want to find out something terrible. i know people do a lot worse in early pregnancy, but i cant help but feeling like i mightve harmed our baby.

would have the baby been attached to me at this stage or still attached to the yolk sac? and would that make a slight difference??

im really hoping for some positive replies. i am a wreck and havent stopped worrying for the last 6 weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Don't stress, it was early on, lots of people do way worse things when they don't know they are pregnant. Bub will be fine!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I didn't know both pregnancies until I was 7 weeks as I have irregular cycles. First I got more drunk than I ever had before... Bub was fine. Then for number 2 I had been taking Valium daily and steroid cream for a rash which ended up being a pregnancy symptom. Baby turned out fine! I think most things aren't recommended in pregnancy just because no one is willing to test it out on a pregnant woman just incase. I wouldn't be too worried. Have you had a scan yet? That should put ur mind at ease

4. The Following User Says Thank You to heymegz For This Useful Post:

MrJones&Me  (08-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have read that it's 10-12 weeks they stop getting all from the sack and start from you. Bubs will be fine!! X

Thanks
    Reviews
    At 5 1/2 weeks bubs will be just fine

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Many of these things say not safe during pregnancy because not enough testing has been done to prove otherwise.

If it makes you feel any better, my asthma medication falls into this category but my dr recommended continuing with the same drug because uncontrolled asthma is far worse for the baby.

Don't Google as I find that can be more upsetting. You're much better off talking to a pharmacist, your GP or OB.